Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Some reports circulating that Abraham is going to now be allowed to leave in loan.

I still don't think he will drop down a level as I am sure another premier league side will come in for him

Maybe if we had terry here we could have got him. I'd rather re sign terry than huth....

Window has SLAMED shut for the PL including loans. I think, I’m sure someone will put me right if I’m wrong. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Window has SLAMED shut for the PL including loans. I think, I’m sure someone will put me right if I’m wrong. 

You’re right. PL clubs can’t sign anybody including loans. If Abraham wants a loan it’s the Championship or abroad...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Oh wow really didnt know that. that is very interesting.

We also being linked with targett on loan. Wierd if saints let him go after rejecting a 15m offer from fulham who stole bryan from under our noses 

Fulham play in the same division and will be duking it out in the same part of that division one might imagine. So maybe that's why they refused it? Who knows?

McQueen seems more likely I'd have thought.

29 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Fulham play in the same division and will be duking it out in the same part of that division one might imagine. So maybe that's why they refused it? Who knows?

McQueen seems more likely I'd have thought.

More likely they want to keep him and they are fine sending him out on loan.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Palace letting Puncheon go out on loan. Shit player but could be handy in our squad. 

Would hope we can get better than him to be honest . Abraham or Nakhi wells would do nicely .

The inbalance in the team is there for all to see and its restricting us. A lot is self inflicted by Bruce playing too many out of position.

I hope this week the people behind the scenes are working tirelessly to identify and get these loan deals over the line. See Bruce now saying we wont just get people in for the sake of it, fair enough but without a proper LB, Wide attacker and forward we are heading for another season of chumpionship mediocrity. This season is vital for us to try and hold onto Jack, we are still a pull for a lot of players not getting games at their clubs, really hope we're prepared come the close of this loan window.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will play him with kodjia. I don't see how this woukd be  pointless signing. Would be a massive coup.

Cant see it happening though

I can see us being an attractive option for Abraham but my worry is clubs abroad may try and take him - would be a very good signing for us .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I was impressed with Wells when he played in this division to be fair although out of the pair I’d much prefer Abraham .

Not saying he's a bad striker just that he wouldn't fit with the way we play.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Not saying he's a bad striker just that he wouldn't fit with the way we play.

With the likes of Grealish , McGinn and green I think he’d get a decent service , not sure whether he would do so well with kodjia who is more of an off the cuff type of striker .

we need more options to adapt our style of play depending on circumstances - we have no real plan b at the moment - good teams are able to comfortably switch system or formation when needed , we lack that ability .

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Seems to be a lot of Abraham linkin going on ,  Chelsea seem light up top

2 things on that mate. 

1) They are no lighter than they were last season. As well as Morata and and Giroud, they have players like Pedro and Hazard that can play up top. 

2) Abraham is nowhere near good enough to get anywhere near the Chelsea first 11 imo. 

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Abraham is nowhere near good enough to get anywhere near the Chelsea first 11 imo. 

Does he know it and is he prepared to accept it though? I'm not sure he would be prepared to drop down a division for a season whilst there might be a place on a bench for him to keep warm in London. Having said that, I'd like to think he would want to start games this season and would want to start them with us.

19 minutes ago, John said:

Does he know it and is he prepared to accept it though? I'm not sure he would be prepared to drop down a division for a season whilst there might be a place on a bench for him to keep warm in London. Having said that, I'd like to think he would want to start games this season and would want to start them with us.

I get that mate, but Chelseas whole MO is geared around sending kids on loan. If they deem him not good enough for the first team, I'm not sure what he wants will come into it. 

Â