Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I can't see bolaise coming here either. I can see ojo tho yo.

It won't take much for ojo to get ahead of the useless adomah though so we can afford Liverpool's "fine" terms

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

You either want to play football week in week out, or you're happy playing a bit part in top-flight football. Thems the breaks. If they don't want to drop down to do what they love then screw 'em and move onto the next.

exactly that, hasn't even made a bench in everton's 2 games this season, if he wants to play football take the loan, if he doesn't want to play football then he's a bad egg anyway

if he goes on loan to boro then maybe be a bit fussed, if he stays at everton then forget him

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He was one of the best players in the league not so long ago. Obviously his star has fallen since then but if he hasn't lost too much pace and trickery he could be amazing for us.

Got a pretty bad injury in fairness. Question is if he still has the pace

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't see bolaise coming here either. I can see ojo tho yo.

It won't take much for ojo to get ahead of the useless adomah though so we can afford Liverpool's "fine" terms

If the sounds coming from the local papers are correct about Bolasie, then Ojo sounds a better option to me anyway. I don't want someone who feels he is above the championship, I want someone who is eager to improve and impress.

Plus I have never really been that impressed with Bolasie, yes he has fancy tricks and looks flash but is he just a show pony? With YB lack of game time and big wages recently, is he going to have the hunger to come here and do the business? We have been burnt too many times with this kind of signing in recent years, which is why I am nervous about YB. Looking at his Wiki page, the last time he played a decent amount of games was three seasons ago now. I am getting the Ireland/Richards vibe about this signing.

• Like 3

Think it'll be Ojo. Has to be loan to buy so I don't think Liverpool would need to put any playing clauses into the deal if we're going to sign him in January anyway?

Targett was a regular for Fulham so must be half decent but can't say I noticed him much in the play-off final. He's a left back though and we are in desperate need so would be a great signing

Bolassie has come up through the ranks of English football including a fair spell at Championship level. I can’t see why he would be that opposed to ‘drop down a level’, unless he’s seriously arrogant which I don’t believe he is. There was a short documentary about him in the FA Cup Final programme when Palace reached it a few years back. He seems to have come from nothing so you would expect he’s fairly grounded. May not even see it as dropping down. Would help him get fitness/form back playing at a slightly lower level. Also I don’t think Villa would be a step down from Everton in terms of facilities etc. We’ll see what happens but I can’t see any major barriers. If he wants to play, it’s a good option for him. 

3 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I didn't know Bolasie was a Full Back? Unless he is a Full Back don't see why Bruce would be interested. Unless he can play as GK as well? 

He once played 10 minutes in goal for Hillingdon borough in the FA Vase, so obviously our new no.1.

• Haha 2

Pal of mine is a Palace STH and he’s always maintained Bolasie is a better player than Zaha. 

The injury he picked up was a ruptured PCL if I remember correctly which is worse than a ruptured ACL so he may never get back to the level he was at before the injury.

8 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Pal of mine is a Palace STH and he’s always maintained Bolasie is a better player than Zaha. 

The injury he picked up was a ruptured PCL if I remember correctly which is worse than a ruptured ACL so he may never get back to the level he was at before the injury.

Especially as he relies on pace too!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Seems to be a lot of talk about ojo atm.  It may all be coming from that Mirror journalist, but hows he been on loan?

not seen him play but he started 18 games for fulham last year, scored 4 and got 2 assists, not sure he's the answer based on that, you then throw in the question of does he block andre green (who doesnt look ready IMO) for a year only to then go back to liverpool and never be seen again or is there a chance of us getting him on a loan to buy (he's 21 already, not making it at liverpool)

if its deal where we keep him then maybe worthwhile, giving a not quite ready liverpool player game time experience over our own not quite ready players is a no from me, on paper he looks like the onomah deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dnmacf said:

Bolassie has come up through the ranks of English football including a fair spell at Championship level. I can’t see why he would be that opposed to ‘drop down a level’, unless he’s seriously arrogant which I don’t believe he is. There was a short documentary about him in the FA Cup Final programme when Palace reached it a few years back. He seems to have come from nothing so you would expect he’s fairly grounded. May not even see it as dropping down. Would help him get fitness/form back playing at a slightly lower level. Also I don’t think Villa would be a step down from Everton in terms of facilities etc. We’ll see what happens but I can’t see any major barriers. If he wants to play, it’s a good option for him. 

He is also good friends with Adomah from what I have read previously

Â