Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Hope we have scouts looking at Josh Maja of Sunderland he has started the season on fire for my old boss at St Mirren Jack Ross. Seen Maja few times last season and looks a pretty good talent.

No harm in sending any Villa scouts to Stadium Of Light  to check the kid out (also Elliot Embleton who also looks very good) Maja is 19 and has a good future. But not sure we even look at lower league players! but really need start looking in those divisions as believe me there is some absolute talent at good prices to develop.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I agree, no way will we get a shot at a premier league player, they will surely go on loan to Manchester United or Arsenal or even Brighton before they come here surely? Best start looking at league 1 players basically because no one in the Premier League would look to take them on loan ?

They cant go to a PL club - too late

Need to start utilizing the bosman transfer market better in last few years:-  Romaine Sawyers(Brentford), Daniel Bentley (Brentford) Junior Hoilett, (Cardiff) Neil Etheridge (Cardiff) John Egan (Sheff Utd was Brentford) John Swift (Reading) and many other players of good quality have all been on frees.

Egan went from Brentford to Sheff Utd for £5.5mil in the summer after having excellent two years at Brentford and impressed for Gillingham before that!

Some good young talent around on frees like above with scope to improve!

• Like 3

Leeds and Villa after winger

Aston Villa and Leeds United are keen on Lille winger Anwar El-Ghazi, reports L’Equipe.

Both clubs are known to be in the market for a wideman and they have reportedly identified El-Ghazi as a target. The 23-year-old is managed by Jorge Mendes, who has had dealings with both Villa owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, and Leeds chief Andrea Radrizzani.

El-Ghazi is also wanted by French sides Saint-Ettiene and Rennes.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-live-15053408

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He was on over £80k a week at Palace. Hence why no one has picked him up since

He won't get anywhere near that anywhere else. Something that we might offer might now offer him may be better than getting nothing.

14 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm a sad enough individual to regularly watch Ligue 1, and I'd be delighted with Tavares. Unfortunately, HITC is probably somewhere between The Star and Agent Dave in terms of reliability.

Possibly the worst website about

19 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I mean all these Premier League players knocking about. Does anyone think they will move to other Premier League teams on loan over the Championship? I don’t think it’s been mentioned?

I’ve been wondering this as well ? I mean, we could still lose Jack as well ?

? Sorry, childish... just couldnt help myself.

Sooooooo, anyone worried about Premier League teams hijacking any loans we go for? Surprised more people aren't discussing this. 

Anyone aware of the Premier league loan rules? 

• Haha 3

Â