Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What gives you this impression? Not many 20 year olds have scored 26 goals in one season, I think he’s outstanding 

same as most young players, he needs 2/3 years of playing a lot of football, if he stays at chelsea this year makes 5-10 starts in the cups and then another 10-20 sub appearances then he wont do a whole lot more, the slide will start and theres every chance he'll be another bamford / mceachran / mancienne

chelsea youth cup winning teams and players who went on to play for them - 

2010 - McEachran (22 games) Bruma (9)

2012 - Ake (11) Piazon (3) Chalobah (1) Baker (1)

2014 - christensen (43) loftus cheek (33) musonda (7) solanke (1) brown (1)

2015 - aina (3) abraham (3) scott (1) 

2016 - tomori (1) 

youngsters do not make it at chelsea, he will be not be outstanding if he stays there (i personally think he will, he'll stay as 3rd choice and play the EL)

• Like 1

If I was Gary Cahill I would give it a chance at Villa. Helping Villa to go up with make him remembered for a long time in his first club he began at. 

There is no choices from Premier League teams either.

We have a good relationship with Chelsea at the moment I’d guess thanks to Terry.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Have we?

“I’d guess”, lol.

It could be sort of a wish but I think with Terry’s involvement no one could threat us apart from Lampard (ofcourse we’re still a much better place to come to).

I think the Terry influence could get us Cahill and Abraham (assuming that they’re willing to get out of Chelsea).

Again it could only be a wishful thought, but we’ll only hope.

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

See we've been linked with Matt Targett on a couple of cites. Would be ironic having missed out on Bryan.

To be honest I don’t know who are these names speculated. My Premier League knowledge is stopped the year before we went down. 

But from what I read they were selling this guy to Fulham for 15m so he can’t be bad at this level I guess.

The Mendez stuff was all nonsense then wasn’t it? All we’ve done is sign one Goalkeeper on loan, with a buy option, that Mendez is agent for... I think the rest was just paper talk.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Mendez stuff was all nonsense then wasn’t it? All we’ve done is sign one Goalkeeper on loan, with a buy option, that Mendez is agent for... I think the rest was just paper talk.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this - and I can't give strict examples because I can't remember them and piece it altogether, but:

I got the feeling when Moreira joined, this was the beginning of the Mendez stuff but Bruce threw his toys out the pram and we've since seen a compromise whereby SB picks players according to the owners' strategy.

Some of the press conferences I've watched and SB post-match AVTV stuff just gave me the feeling something wasn't quite right. Why would SB pick Moreira, why would we then sign someone SB was keen to state 'we've been watching him for a few years'. The way he talks about Moreira is just weird.

As I say, can't give much solidity to my gut feeling above - but interested to know if anyone thought the same?

8 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this - and I can't give strict examples because I can't remember them and piece it altogether, but:

I got the feeling when Moreira joined, this was the beginning of the Mendez stuff but Bruce threw his toys out the pram and we've since seen a compromise whereby SB picks players according to the owners' strategy.

Some of the press conferences I've watched and SB post-match AVTV stuff just gave me the feeling something wasn't quite right. Why would SB pick Moreira, why would we then sign someone SB was keen to state 'we've been watching him for a few years'. The way he talks about Moreira is just weird.

As I say, can't give much solidity to my gut feeling above - but interested to know if anyone thought the same?

Unless there is something in Bruce’s contract stating he has control, would the new owners really back down immediately on their supposed plan? Oh yes Mr Bruce anything you say Mr Bruce.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Unless there is something in Bruce’s contract stating he has control, would the new owners really back down immediately on their supposed plan? Oh yes Mr Bruce anything you say Mr Bruce.

What would the alternative be? Declare your support for a manager and then sensationally remove him from his position owing to a difference in strategy? Hardly gets the era of ownership off to a great start.

Also, there is a middle ground where both the owners and Bruce diplomatically agree to a mix of strategy. Moreira wasn’t a Bruce signing, so who’s signing was it?

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

This has been tweeted by Dan Bardell, and liked by Kevan Grealish (the real one, his brother). 

Fingers crossed, as a fit and firing Bolasie would be class in the Championship!

Seems more than a bit prone to showboating. How many times do you need to beat the same player? He doesn't appear to have an end product and just runs around and around in circles. :D

He was one of the best players in the league not so long ago. Obviously his star has fallen since then but if he hasn't lost too much pace and trickery he could be amazing for us.

39 minutes ago, dnmacf said:

Bolassie would be a class signing. Would love to see that happen. Come what may. 

I'd be very surprised to see him drop down to the championship. Surely there's a host of premier league teams that would love to have him. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd be very surprised to see him drop down to the championship. Surely there's a host of premier league teams that would love to have him. 

Prem teams can’t make any signings until January now. Including loans. 

• Like 1

Local rags don't think Bolasie wants to drop down a level. 

Yannick Bolasie is unlikely to drop down into the Championship, BirminghamLive understands.

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for the 29-year-old winger as they look for wide reinforcements before the end of the month.

Bolasie is understood to be one of several players under consideration although no official approach has been made.

Middlesbrough have registered an interest, though, and Bolasie's initial response was that he didn't fancy sacrificing top-flight football.

You either want to play football week in week out, or you're happy playing a bit part in top-flight football. Thems the breaks. If they don't want to drop down to do what they love then screw 'em and move onto the next.

• Like 3

Â