Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

As limited as Hugill is , he would probably be more at home in this side and provide more balance than any striker we have bought the past 2 years.

When we were at our best last season was when Davis was on form, and everyone could play off him and had time to support him as he won and held the ball. That's what we need now, albeit with someone more consistent.

The idea that we are going for Ryan Woods makes little sense, we don't pass the ball well, we don't dictate the play and work teams across the pitch, we don't pass and probe and wait for an opening. Ryan Woods would be lost in this team, just as much as Hogan is.

What we do is get the ball back to front very quickly and are a threat from set pieces. Hugill is that player, though he won't be scoring 20 goals a season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

2 lads I always think do well at Preston, Callum Robinson and Daniel Johnson... Also their new signing Graeme Burke is doing well in pre-season...

Maguire is a good player and with some decent scouting we could have got

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That must mean that Benteke is coming back to us! :D

That's all the convincing I need. Welcome home Christian. 

I know this won't happen but just reading that got me excited. Imagine him in this league. He would literally bully defences.

Bring him home!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We seem to be linked with a lot of attacking players but we need defenders 

No, no, no :bang:     Sir Bruce of Aston once spoke to me in a dream and said - “play all the strikers”  and with that, we won the league!  :hooray:

40 minutes ago, John said:

I would really love it if we signed Woods but I suspect paying the sort of fee Brentford would want for him would be the sticking point.

Maybe they feel bad because they know they sneakily overcharged us for Hogan by about eight million. They may give him to us for free.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

As limited as Hugill is , he would probably be more at home in this side and provide more balance than any striker we have bought the past 2 years.

When we were at our best last season was when Davis was on form, and everyone could play off him and had time to support him as he won and held the ball. That's what we need now, albeit with someone more consistent.

The idea that we are going for Ryan Woods makes little sense, we don't pass the ball well, we don't dictate the play and work teams across the pitch, we don't pass and probe and wait for an opening. Ryan Woods would be lost in this team, just as much as Hogan is.

What we do is get the ball back to front very quickly and are a threat from set pieces. Hugill is that player, though he won't be scoring 20 goals a season.

I think your list of "we don't do's" is valid....but it is precisely because we don't have a player like Ryan Woods. 

This would be a frickin brilliant signing for us. I would say he has been the best player I've seen at Villa Park since we came down....certainly close to it anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had a butchers at the Brentford forums this morning. They really rate Woods, very much their link between defence and attack which matches what we've seen. 

They seem gutted he's going. 

Asked my Wolves mate what he thought, he said he couldn't remember him and they battered Brentford. Then he came over 5 minutes later and asked if he was the ginger one. I said yes and he said now I mention it he recalls them totally battering Brentford but the ginger guy in the middle played really well despite this. 

Edited by sidcow

Â