Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Would not want to see Woods or anyone else block Doyle-Hayes, who I think will be our next `big thing'.

I could easily see them in the same side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I have a feeling Woods signing wont be being done to compliment Grealish!

Its also not really a Steve Bruce signing!

Why? I think Grealish would flourish alongside a player of that ilk. He may not have to run 15km per match tracking back all game! He may actually be able to stay further forward and get on the ball in the areas that will hurt the opposition, if he has a player behind him that can play at the level Woods can. 

Doyle-Hayes isn't ready to play a major role yet. Let's be sensible. He is very good, and he has a really bright future. Bringing Woods in will not block his path, he needs time to develop. He's a  perfect understudy to a Ryan Woods in my view. 

• Like 4

I'd love to see woods replace a dm at home, which will avoid the issues we have when grealish has to drop deep to actually get on the ball. Imagine having a mf who recycles the ball. Gets it too grealish in the opponents half. The youth can replace woods and grealish as games / injuries allow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Why? I think Grealish would flourish alongside a player of that ilk. He may not have to run 15km per match tracking back all game! He may actually be able to stay further forward and get on the ball in the areas that will hurt the opposition, if he has a player behind him that can play at the level Woods can. 

Doyle-Hayes isn't ready to play a major role yet. Let's be sensible. He is very good, and he has a really bright future. Bringing Woods in will not block his path, he needs time to develop. He's a  perfect understudy to a Ryan Woods in my view. 

Its a lot to do with why we are spending relative decent money on an area we are fine for, unless something was to happen to the existing first midfield.

Im not sure if they would be perfect for each other tbh, as it will weaken the midfield defensively, a trait that is very un-Bruce like!

Whos position would he be taking?

No way is Bruce not playing with the Sitting midfielder, and Hourihane guarantees 10 goals.  Cant see where he fits currently.

Im not bringing up the potential blocking of our own kids as Im not sure that is priority for anyone but us fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Whats more funnier is that we somehow failed to go up because of SHA too (indirectly).

Yes I've been trying to keep quiet about that because most Noses have not realised that we would have been playing Cardiff in the play-off final had they not stopped Fulham getting automatic promotion on the last day and I for one think we would have had a far better chance of doing Cardiff at Wembley than Fulham. Let's keep it our secret shall we?

24 minutes ago, John said:

Yes I've been trying to keep quiet about that because most Noses have not realised that we would have been playing Cardiff in the play-off final had they not stopped Fulham getting automatic promotion on the last day and I for one think we would have had a far better chance of doing Cardiff at Wembley than Fulham. Let's keep it our secret shall we?

But had we have gone up, Dr Tony would have likely been able to borrow more money against future TV payments, kept hold of us and we'd probably never have been taken over by NSWE.  I think as painful as it was, long term we'll look back and see it as the best thing that could of happened... all thanks to SHA!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, striker said:

Not really what I meant when you consider my original post.

The team last season was built around experienced players most of which lacked pace. That was part of the Achilles heal I was speaking about plus when it came to the business end of the season those players started to flounder due to their age.

A season older the same thing will probably happen again so why repeat something which didn’t work.

Of course you retain Grealish and Chester but Terry no because he struggled at the tail end of the season and so did Snoddy and a few others.

Villa need an influx of pace and more youthful legs in the team this season to push on and not stagnate or repeat last season’s mistakes.

I myself was reacting to the comments about last seasons players being failures and needing replacing. I’m arguing that the logic is flawed, not that we don’t need to add pace.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

When does the window slam shut? 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think it 'slams' for purchases when everyone (apart from us) kick off on Saturday.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

5pm Saturday 9th August

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

August 9th is on a Thursday.

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

For permanent transfers. Loans can still be done until the 31st August. 

And free transfers can still be registered.

the window will now close for permanent transfers from another club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm, which is aligned with the decision the Premier League opted to take in September 2017.

In addition, EFL clubs will still be able to:

• Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018
  • Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens
  • Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018
  • Transfer players OUT to a club in any League whose window is still open

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

• Like 2

Used to live in Shrewsbury and went to quite a lot of games. Ryan woods played pretty much every game from 2013-15.

Woods is a quality player, and exactly what we need. He picks the ball up off the defence (composed under pressure) and immediately looks for a forward pass. Any sort of possession or passing rhythm will run through him. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If we can send Hogan back to Brentford, get Woods in return & then get a decent striker in, that would be excellent.

Doubt that’s ever going to happen though ?

A 100% fit Hogan playing in a fully supported attacking system would be a dangerous striker at EFL level. (imo)

He just doesn't fit our system, but then what striker will flourish in isolation?

• Like 3

Â