Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I don’t think we’re signing André Gray I find it strange anyone wouldn’t want us to sign him. 

He has scored 16 and 25 goals in his two seasons in the championship. 

Am I missing something?  

He is facing a battery charge in Las Vegas

I was surprised that West Ham signed Hugill and the step up hasn't paid off yet. I think he could do a job for us this season but would doubt a loan can be agreed for him or for Powell.

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You surprised people are turning their nose at hugill. He was very good at a poor Preston side. Very good at this level. Yes please.

They had 2 comfortable seasons in Championship since promotion and just missed out on play-offs last season, hardly poor

though Hugill has a Gestede like record except for one season

• Like 1

fwiw with Hugill, I watch a lot of PNE games as my family supports them and couldn't believe West Ham bid for him, let alone for the sum of money they offered. He didn't really suit Alex Neil's style and I've just never thought he was very good at all. They have better options up front now since he's left, I don't think he'd do well for us. Needs feeding the ball in the right areas a lot of the time although he does use his strength well against defenders and is deceptively quick. 

Would rather have Hogan if that gives you an idea of how I rate him. 

Edited by skarroki
Talking about Hugill
  • Sad 1

On 30/05/2018 at 11:23, Tomaszk said:

I think Hugill would be useful!

Suppose it's important to see what's happened to him having gone from one of the first names on the team sheet to hardly making the bench at Wham from Jan onwards.

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The sun reported we are working closely with him and have 3-4 more signings lined up.

but it is the sun after all. 

Also surely Mendes must do what’s best for his players. Not for any particular club. 

Finallly I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have local rivals in the same league. Competition is healthy and it’s good the for region. 

Ok - working with Mendes - but who the **** tells him what POSITIONS we need cover for ?.... It don’t work without input from Bruce. Who at the club “is working with Mendes” ??????

Edited by SirSteveUK

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit of a scumbag isn’t he? I agree with you. He would be bad news.

I know that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - but how come there is absolutely no mention if this on Google?  The only mention I could find turned out to be your post

i now realize you were talking about Gray -d’oh

Edited by SirSteveUK

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That must mean that Benteke is coming back to us! :D

ITK?  :clap:  I know you're joking, but can you imagine getting Tekkers on loan for a season.  He would be fantastic leading the line and probably get us promoted, and keep Bruce in a job.  #Bring him home

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Â