Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Not convinced on Hugill. Scores around 1 in 4 and has very little pace. Yes he has physicality but surely there are target men out there with a turn of pace as well. We must have the slowest team in the division!

However, if he comes in then I’ll fully support him and hope he is a huge success. 

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Steve Bruce is battling to bring in West Ham striker Jordan Hugill and Wigan star Nick Powell as he fights for his Aston Villa future. [@reluctantnicko] #avfc

Powell yes... Hugill no!

Powell no! Hugill no!

I don't care how far we've supposedly fallen, there surely to god has to be better options out there than these. Mr. Mendes... do your worst.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eholm said:

Not convinced on Hugill. Scores around 1 in 4 and has very little pace. Yes he has physicality but surely there are target men out there with a turn of pace as well. We must have the slowest team in the division!

However, if he comes in then I’ll fully support him and hope he is a huge success. 

This is my problem with it. If we play Hugill upfront say with Kodjia (there are days when Kodjia is super lazy) upfront I can see zero movement yet again (which has been an issue for so many years at this club) and when it comes to tracking back and chasing down the ball from the front etc I just don’t see it.. add Whelan in behind in midfield and with his legs pretty much gone and it’s going to be painful. We are already a very slow team as it is.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

This is my problem with it. If we play Hugill upfront say with Kodjia (there are days when Kodjia is super lazy) upfront I can see zero movement yet again (which has been an issue for so many years at this club) and when it comes to tracking back and chasing down the ball from the front etc I just don’t see it.. add Whelan in behind in midfield and with his legs pretty much gone and it’s going to be painful. We are already a very slow team as it is.

But if we add Ryan Woods and Ben Woodburn into that suddenly we look a bit quick and dangerous

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Bruce has the perfect Andre in mind. Past his best, over 30, a bargain at £30k p/w and he even has a link to a Jordan. His name is Peter.

That would be insania. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Warnock said:

I don't care how far we've supposedly fallen, there surely to god has to be better options out there than these. Mr. Mendes... do your worst.

Perhaps if we called him Powellinho you would prefer him? ?

Â