Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Shame because I think Woodburn and Jack playing as CAMS would have been very exciting, even better with Woods playing in a deeper role behind them ?

Not worth being dictated to over playing time, so I can see why we've passed up on him.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
Page break

27 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

On twitter Dan Bardell has been teasing about hearing who the striker is that we are going for. No hints at all, other than it's not Hugill and we are not the only club in for whoever it is......  

Listened to the podcast earlier and he said it was someone who scored a lot of goals down here very recently.

So I am guessing maybe Chris Wood, Dwight Gayle, Abraham, maybe even Glenn Murray but that one isn't too exciting nowadays.

Plus Andre Gray. None have pulled up too many trees the past year.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, John said:

Yes I've been trying to keep quiet about that because most Noses have not realised that we would have been playing Cardiff in the play-off final had they not stopped Fulham getting automatic promotion on the last day and I for one think we would have had a far better chance of doing Cardiff at Wembley than Fulham. Let's keep it our secret shall we?

As Zeus has said, it might turn out to be a favour if things went to the right direction with our new owners. 

But really when I thought of it, even Newcastle had part of that by sending Mitrovic to Fulham. ?

I remember the season we went down with around 11 games left, I was with a friend of mine, he told me what do you think? I told Im looking forward for the championship now. I think we only have one duty remain for us in this league, it was a bit strange for him that I’ve said it is beating Newcastle or draw with them and get them down with us.

All of that reflected badly on us that day. Its like a nightmare when I thought of it. 

But still could turn out to be a blessing, we could say later on, thank Fulham, SHA and Newcastle. ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Used to live in Shrewsbury and went to quite a lot of games. Ryan woods played pretty much every game from 2013-15.

Woods is a quality player, and exactly what we need. He picks the ball up off the defence (composed under pressure) and immediately looks for a forward pass. Any sort of possession or passing rhythm will run through him. 

He will look slightly out of place here ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

The Ryan Woods rumour came from a fake SSN account. Then thatcherlover (yuck) jumped on it and showed himself to be a fraud.

This.

Why is this still a topic of conversation ?

We are not getting Ryan Woods - Move on

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I believe it's Abraham.

Or to give him his full title - 

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

I looked on Wiki to see if he was still a Chelsea player. He is. 

He would be a superb signing if it happens

8 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

A question about Abraham. What does being a 'permanent loan player' do for that player's motivation?

Year after year of being shipped out here, there, everywhere, can't exactly be character building.

Ask Carlton Cole

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Can’t Control 

Slightly off topic, Carlton Cole had a shot against Walsall in a friendly a few years back (home end) and it hit me straight in the mush! It was like being punched by a faeries fart. Weetabix legged loser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

But...

giphy.gif

Plus this is a speculation thread after all...

I love him to lol it actually looks like Swansea are in for him

I just get frustrated with the twitter bullsheet being discussed  as actual options

4 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I love him to lol it actually looks like Swansea are in for him

I just get frustrated with the twitter bullsheet being discussed  as actual options

Yeah I saw that on SSN that Swansea are after Woods too. 

Yeah the Twitter speculation gets a bit mental very quickly. Apparently the Woods link came from a dud account, Thatcherslover - who was ITK during the takeover - ran with it, and now it looks like he’s got egg on his face, and Woods ain’t coming to B6.  

• Like 1

Â