Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

lot of twitter talk especially from Thatcherlover that Abraham to join on loan (prob what dan bardell is alluding too as well as a permanent transfer of £3M (yeah FFP, i know) for Ryan Woods from Brentford...

......don't shoot the messenger!!

I would have a cheeky word with Bournmouth about taking Defoe on loan (shoot me down), otherwise we have Ulloa at Leicester perhaps? I would also like us to look abroad too if possible and see if this Mendes dude has anything up his sleeve.

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

lot of twitter talk especially from Thatcherlover that Abraham to join on loan (prob what dan bardell is alluding too as well as a permanent transfer of £3M (yeah FFP, i know) for Ryan Woods from Brentford...

......don't shoot the messenger!!

Will be very pleased to get another CM in, we are a bit light tbf :)

Ryan Woods would cost upwards of £8m I i imagine.

Tammy Abraham is exactly what we need, he is big and he is quick, and he can score goals. His loan at Swansea wasn't a massive success but would be surprised if he drops down again to the Championship.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Will be very pleased to get another CM in, we are a bit light tbf :)

Ryan Woods would cost upwards of £8m I i imagine.

Tammy Abraham is exactly what we need, he is big and he is quick, and he can score goals. His loan at Swansea wasn't a massive success but would be surprised if he drops down again to the Championship.

Yep....would be massively surprised if either come off. TA for me would a superb loan signing and give us that target man we so desperately need. Woods is a very tidy bDM but i'd rather give more game time to JDH.....unless Woods is only 3M and we are losing whelan/jedi/lansbury.....

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would have a cheeky word with Bournmouth about taking Defoe on loan (shoot me down), otherwise we have Ulloa at Leicester perhaps? I would also like us to look abroad too if possible and see if this Mendes dude has anything up his sleeve.

We don't need a defoe or a wells. We need someone who can play with his back to goal that we can play off.

• Like 1

A striker is vitally important. When you consider that last season (for various reasons) Kodjia, Hogan, Davis (certainly in terms of goals for Davis), all contributed very very little, i don't think its too much of a leap to say that we got to within 1 game of promotion without a striker (a decent one at least).

Adomah was brilliant for the first half of the season but his form went to pot towards the end, and his pre season hasn't been convincing. If we take his goals away,  and then rely on the likes of Hogan will are truly up sh#t creek. 

Imo, withnthe was Bruce sets up, someone like Ulloh (sp?) Would be ideal..

25 minutes ago, eholm said:

Mmmm...hit and miss at best I reckon. Until i hear it from VillaTransfers it aint 'appening ? 

I have tweeted Villa transfers on it, and he hasn’t heard anything. Although he doesn’t get wind until medical so there is hope yet. Woods would be a great little signing! Plus he could link up with Hogan again!

Edited by villan-scott

Not much to go off that tweet really, on that basis it could be any of Gray/Ulloa/Abraham/Gayle/Bamford/Wells/Ings/Hugill, maybe more. Some more realistic and desirable than others but at this point I wouldn't really turn my nose up at any of them tbh.

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Andre Gray on loan

Never rated him. Hope to god it's not him. 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Ulloah would suit us the best as we need a target man.

Would love us to sign him. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Nakhi Wells is proven this leven though no idea what has happened to him or where he is playing now

Would like this also.

Â