Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why would you want Adidas on a shirt? So we can a templated kits that look like other teams kits except for the colours and the logos?

yep very much this

i dont think people realise what these adidas deals are (and im expecting @NurembergVillan to shoot my understanding down...) the clubs pay adidas a fee for providing the kits, in return they get exclusive sales rights, so the only place you can buy a brentford or blues kit is from their shop or website, so the profit margins go direct to the club rather than the likes of sports direct who pay the clubs a pittance, as a result adidas put virtually no effort in to them,  they take a template out of their sunday league kit catalogue, put the badge and sponsor on it and charge the fans £50, **** that! thats as low as kit design and manufacturing can get IMO wolves have a better deal but still their kits are only a slightly better standard of template, their away kit could have been done while on a fag break

i would hate for us to have that

the only positive from it is billy big bollocks to your mates who support rival teams and if thats what you're after from a football kit manufacturer then you must be 12

On 21/08/2018 at 23:50, OutByEaster? said:

Thanks Dave-R. It's for my nephews birthday on Thursday - but we've had a chat and he's prepared to wait, so long as he gets Jurassic World Evolution for the PS4.

That boy should be negotiating Jack's contract.

I think your nephew has restored my faith in the youth of today.  Dinosaurs and Villa were pretty much all I gave a shit about when i was a kid.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2018 at 07:29, Dave-R said:

One, it makes sense because one of our owners has a controlling stake in it, rite?? 

Two, I'd prefer addidas over a betting sponsor anyday.

Three, all sorts of merchandise other than shirts could be made.

Four, those teams you speak of would be paying our owner while aston villa can actually wear addidas with pride and tell the other teams to cough up.

Five, addidas is a good sports name anyway, has been around for a very long time and comes from the athlete founding father -1949 Adi Dassler (good history)

Six, I already have myself some addidas stuff anyway, so a villa shirt would make my day, just one with addidas on.

Seven, it's not the sponsor/template that make us look like other teams at all, I do understand what your saying, but as long as the kits look the bit, we are villa and we stand out.

1. Isn't it like 6% - that wouldn't give him a controlling stake would it?
  2. I agree, I hate the gambling sponsorship, but unless you're a top 6 Premier League club they seem to be the most lucrative option for clubs. 9 out of the 20 Premier League clubs have gambling sponsorships and those that don't include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham & Liverpool.  Plus I thought you were talking kit sponsor? Why would a kit sponsor pay to be a main/shirt sponsor also?
  3. Look, Adidas is great. I like it as a brand. But Luke already makes all sorts of merchandise other than shirts anyway. As did UA, Macron, Nike before them etc. Plus this has been the best selling and most popular Villa kit in a long time. I don't see why we'd want to punt Luke after just one season. I think we should be looking to nurture this relationship with Luke and grow our brands together.
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2018 at 13:34, villa4europe said:

yep very much this

i dont think people realise what these adidas deals are (and im expecting @NurembergVillan to shoot my understanding down...) the clubs pay adidas a fee for providing the kits, in return they get exclusive sales rights, so the only place you can buy a brentford or blues kit is from their shop or website, so the profit margins go direct to the club rather than the likes of sports direct who pay the clubs a pittance, as a result adidas put virtually no effort in to them,  they take a template out of their sunday league kit catalogue, put the badge and sponsor on it and charge the fans £50, **** that! thats as low as kit design and manufacturing can get IMO wolves have a better deal but still their kits are only a slightly better standard of template, their away kit could have been done while on a fag break

i would hate for us to have that

the only positive from it is billy big bollocks to your mates who support rival teams and if thats what you're after from a football kit manufacturer then you must be 12

I actually really like the Adidas Wolves Home and away shirts. Classy looking both of them. 

• Like 1

On 24/08/2018 at 00:51, Hornso said:
  1. Isn't it like 6% - that wouldn't give him a controlling stake would it?
  2. I agree, I hate the gambling sponsorship, but unless you're a top 6 Premier League club they seem to be the most lucrative option for clubs. 9 out of the 20 Premier League clubs have gambling sponsorships and those that don't include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham & Liverpool.  Plus I thought you were talking kit sponsor? Why would a kit sponsor pay to be a main/shirt sponsor also?
  3. Look, Adidas is great. I like it as a brand. But Luke already makes all sorts of merchandise other than shirts anyway. As did UA, Macron, Nike before them etc. Plus this has been the best selling and most popular Villa kit in a long time. I don't see why we'd want to punt Luke after just one season. I think we should be looking to nurture this relationship with Luke and grow our brands together.

Macron was and is a pile of shit.

What is the fit like? Are they fitted like the under armour shirts?

I saw a few yesterday that looked really baggy, even the smaller sizes.

Its one thing im dreading for when my home shirt arrives because they are usually tighter on me so have to get the next size up.

Watch though, now I've ordered next size up, it will be sods law and it will be to big for me.

I spose I will know though for when I get the third kit shirt. I was hoping that I would of had in time for my birthday, but no chance on that.

Please hurry villa and send me my shirt.

Still waiting on my third kit shirt. Preordered it with hours of it being shown. I’m playing football tonight and was hoping it would arrive by now. Not even an email saying it’s dispatched. The lack of communication is pretty crap. I was thinking it may not have been released yet but since @hogso has his I guess mine is just down the list somewhere or they forgot about it ?

UPDATE: It was delivered to work on friday, receptionist just hasn’t checked the boxes until just now when I asked her about it. It looks lovely and all is forgiven ?

Edited by Ginko
  • Haha 1

Â