Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

On 11/12/2018 at 17:11, Stephen_Evans said:

I'm one of those who think claret shorts with the home shirt is too much and the aesthetic balance is wrong (i.e. too much claret).  To me, the first choice should be to change to blue shorts if we are wearing the home shirt but the shorts clash.  It somehow looks more "Villa".  All opinions, I know.

As an aside, I have no idea what the point of the alternative blue "home" shorts was this season if we are not going to wear them in games such as West Brom away, Blackburn away and QPR away, where each time claret shorts were chosen.

I’m also anti-claret shorts. For some reason I reckon it makes us look shit. And I swear we never win in claret shorts. 

17 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m also anti-claret shorts. For some reason I reckon it makes us look shit. And I swear we never win in claret shorts. 

I've always been in the minority which actually likes them. lol

Partially because I feel it makes us stand out in a sea of Claret and Blue clubs.

More Roma than Scunthorpe.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've always been in the minority which actually likes them. lol

Partially because I feel it makes us stand out in a sea of Claret and Blue clubs.

More Roma than Scunthorpe.

It also just looks really nice, especially now that Luke has absolutely nailed the shade of claret.

• Like 3

Going back to last season and the Under Amour shirts for a moment, but last week a seen a white shirt on eBay which looked like a third shirt which was never worn or released. There were actually two of them listed but both sold for over £160. 

Does anyone that may have connections to the club have any detail on them?

13 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Going back to last season and the Under Amour shirts for a moment, but last week a seen a white shirt on eBay which looked like a third shirt which was never worn or released. There were actually two of them listed but both sold for over £160. 

Does anyone that may have connections to the club have any detail on them?

They appeared in the clubshop mannequins last November but were never for sale. Seems to be a few player issue ones around that pop up on ebay from time to time.

The clubshop display one didn't seem to have the snowflake pattern on though

59e9LsO.jpg

tCZlwlQ.jpg

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

They appeared in the clubshop mannequins last November but were never for sale. Seems to be a few player issue ones around that pop up on ebay from time to time.

The clubshop display one didn't seem to have the snowflake pattern on though

59e9LsO.jpg

tCZlwlQ.jpg

Yes I’ve also seen the Yellow keeper shirt worn by Sam Johnstone in a plain version and with the snowflake pattern. That in itself is quite rare. A lovely shirt no doubt but it won’t be as rare as the ASICS white shirt we wore once in Europe. For collectors that will be the holy grail.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2018 at 19:33, Spoony said:

Well one myth got nailed on Saturday.  Villa and Stoke wore white shorts AT THE SAME TIME 😱.   So who makes this decision to switch to claret shorts at places like West Brom instead of white (which Saturday's game suggests is permissible) or blue (which are available)?

There is a new youtube clip under Villa Boy showing a Baggies-Villa game in the late 70s and there we are in home shirt and blue shorts - it just looks more like Villa.

Edited by Stephen_Evans

Man, 160 is nothing for a shirt that rare. Will try to snag it if it ever hits ebay again.

My favorite Villa kit before this year's home kit stole the show was this beauty from 09/10. I recently got this after having been looking for it for years.

Image result for aston villa 2009/2010 away kit

Edited by Keyblade

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Man, 160 is nothing for a shirt that rare. Will try to snag it if it ever hits ebay again.

My favorite Villa kit before this year's home kit stole the show was this beauty from 09/10. I recently got this after having been looking for it for years.

Image result for aston villa 2009/2010 away kit

I've got that shirt with "Young 7" on the back and PL badges on the sleeves. One of my faves.

I think the 'inspiration' and launch was all to do with Villa having supplied more England internationals than any other club at that point (when we had Barry, Milner & Young) so the shirts was inspired by the England kit. They even had a feature on the website which you could scroll through all of the players that had played for England while being Villa players.

We have have since been surpassed by no other than the mighty Tottenham I believe 🙄 (although I haven't looked it up to check.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've got that shirt with "Young 7" on the back and PL badges on the sleeves. One of my faves.

I think the 'inspiration' and launch was all to do with Villa having supplied more England internationals than any other club at that point (when we had Barry, Milner & Young) so the shirts was inspired by the England kit. They even had a feature on the website which you could scroll through all of the players that had played for England while being Villa players.

We have have since been surpassed by no other than the mighty Tottenham I believe 🙄 (although I haven't looked it up to check.)

You lucky bastard. I will try to track down a PL name set from that era, presumably in Navy right? It'll be between Young and Milner. Kind of sad how nobody from that era is still with the club, not even Gabby.

Re: England internationals, as of 2015 we were tied with Spurs on 73. Since then Erik Dier, Dele Alli, Kieren Trippier, Danny Rose (though he's been in England squads before that, his first cap was in 2016) and Harry Winks, and we haven't had any since. So it's 78 - 73 now :(

Hope Jack gets that call up he deserved soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You lucky bastard. I will try to track down a PL name set from that era, presumably in Navy right? It'll be between Young and Milner. Kind of sad how nobody from that era is still with the club, not even Gabby.

Re: England internationals, as of 2015 we were tied with Spurs on 73. Since then Erik Dier, Dele Alli, Kieren Trippier, Danny Rose (though he's been in England squads before that, his first cap was in 2016) and Harry Winks, and we haven't had any since. So it's 78 - 73 now :(

Hope Jack gets that call up he deserved soon.

Nice research! 

Yes numbers and name are dark navy. Lovely look for sure and I really like that the grey shadows aren't just repetitive. 

15 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Well one myth got nailed on Saturday.  Villa and Stoke wore white shorts AT THE SAME TIME 😱.   So who makes this decision to switch to claret shorts at places like West Brom instead of white (which Saturday's game suggests is permissible) or blue (which are available)?

There is a new youtube clip under Villa Boy showing a Baggies-Villa game in the late 70s and there we are in home shirt and blue shorts - it just looks more like Villa.

The ref

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The 5th one down polo is beautiful.  Ffs villa making me spend more money

Yeah they're all lovely to be fair. Apart from that one with all the streaks on the front. Assume that one is for the kids.

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I guess it depends what the club give him to choose from in the first place.

I think the ref has the say on whether there is a clash. So if Villa want to wear white then the ref decides if that's ok or not.

So it probably depends on the ref, which is why sometimes we wear certain combos and sometimes we don't.

Â