Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Home strip is very traditional. like it. Shame about the badge.

We have a very different understanding of what “traditional” means.

As it’s the first non-traditional shirt since 2001/02, I guess it is the modernisers’ turn.

Personally, blue sleeves is a must for me, but aesthetically the new kit does work as it is, so that’s something.?

We've probably had over 15 years in a row with claret(kinda) body and blue sleeves, well overdue something a little bit different. Plus it's not like we haven't done all claret plenty of times in the past, it's hardly out there as a design choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Big fan of the kit - was actually looking to get a replica of the 1984 kit.

Wish this was a round neck, but happy with it regardless.

I actually prefer the V, The only thing that let the old 84 kits down was the Fake V, Well that and whoever sewed them together didn't get the middle stripe perfectly central on pretty much every shirt, some were left, some were right, very few actually seemed to be dead on, Some were not even in the middle at all.

LGoTs8k.jpg

sd3MR5q.jpg

I'm on the fence as regards the kit, relieved it's not as bad as the training wear but not quite sure on the retro feel. My teenage nephews love it, the general consensus seems largely positive so maybe it'll grow on me.

BUT what the hell do designers of kits get paid for?! This is simply an existing kit tweaked ever so slightly. Now I know there's only so much he can do within the parameters of a Villa home kit but they focused a lot on the fact we were getting a special design from a local designer and all he's done is plagiarise a design from 30 years ago (which I strongly believe was probably his favourite kit as a kid or something) and shove his logo on. 

Some of the kits we've seen people design on these pages have been far more original or interesting if that's the way they want to go. So if you want to go a bit more outlandish than just claret body and blue sleeves then make your own design, don't just steal it.

Â