Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Love the away, home feels a bit West Hammish or like a Burnley top. All the fuss made about the right shade of claret and I don’t think either are correct. Not sure. Doesn’t look quite right. I want to like it as it’s something different but it doesn’t feel like a Villa shirt. Maybe feel different when I see it in the flesh.

Will get the away for sure though. It’s lovely.

Looks bang on 80's Aston Villa to me! 

Le Coq Sportif forever

Now lets go out and sign Didier Six on a free transfer.

• Like 3

Love both kits! Now we know what Luke was doing whilst the work experience kid was designing the training kits!

Minimal blue on the home but I don't mind the variation for a year, as no doubt it will be back next year or year after anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Don't like the home. Away is nice.

I wouldn't spend cash to have a gambling company on my chest anyway, so ho hum.

buy the kids XL still fits me and no sponsor sorted!

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My £0.02 worth -

With the home kit, I like that there's a historical reference - albeit to an era when we were in decline from European Champions to relegation.  Whenever designing a home kit, it's always hard to get right.  Change too little and people don't like that it isn't different enough, but change too much and they complain it's not traditional.

I think they've got the balance right here, with some nice detailing too, like the McGregor on the back.  The sleeves aren't blue, which is our tradition, but put blue sleeves on it and it's not different enough.

There's nothing not to like about the away kit.  The shadow pinstripe on the front evokes memories of Rotterdam in 82, and the collar does to a certain extent too.

They're both quite traditional kits, in that anyone can buy into the concept and like them.  They put the training line into context, as often brands will go for a more youthful away kit to capture a younger fan and increase sales (see my posts in the Other Football thread for more about that).  In this case it looks like the training kit is designed to do that, with home and away working for everyone.

Nice work all round.  I'll be interested to see what the retail price is like.

It’s £55

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My £0.02 worth -

With the home kit, I like that there's a historical reference - albeit to an era when we were in decline from European Champions to relegation.  Whenever designing a home kit, it's always hard to get right.  Change too little and people don't like that it isn't different enough, but change too much and they complain it's not traditional.

I think they've got the balance right here, with some nice detailing too, like the McGregor on the back.  The sleeves aren't blue, which is our tradition, but put blue sleeves on it and it's not different enough.

There's nothing not to like about the away kit.  The shadow pinstripe on the front evokes memories of Rotterdam in 82, and the collar does to a certain extent too.

They're both quite traditional kits, in that anyone can buy into the concept and like them.  They put the training line into context, as often brands will go for a more youthful away kit to capture a younger fan and increase sales (see my posts in the Other Football thread for more about that).  In this case it looks like the training kit is designed to do that, with home and away working for everyone.

Nice work all round.  I'll be interested to see what the retail price is like.

Xia is looking for £40m for a home kit, with a free Jack Grealish thrown in ?

Â