Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

'94 Gold Mita copiers throw back as 3rd strip? I will fap like a circus chimp if it is.

I bought that a couple of weeks ago from vintage football shirts

• Like 1

Unimposing manufacturer's logo? Check. Sponsor printing made to match the shirt's colourway? Check. Shame it took getting relegated and butt-humped to oblivion to get these kits, they're whopper.  Missed a trick getting a similarly retro-themed goalie shirt though, I wholeheartedly believe the board could get 90% of the fan-base back on-side if they just get the kit manufacturers to re-do the 90's rainbow-shattered glass goalie kit.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

Like the look of the kit in the flesh alot, very happy we finally got out of the "box" of the sleeves MUST be blue which some people seem stuck in.

I think we need to have more claret (possibly gold piping) in our kits to distinguish us from the West Hams, Burnleys, Scunthorpes etc, always have.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Like the look of the kit in the flesh alot, very happy we finally got out of the "box" of the sleeves MUST be blue which some people seem stuck in.

I think we need to have more claret (possibly gold piping) in our kits to distinguish us from the West Hams, Burnleys, Scunthorpes etc, always have.

I must admit, I tend to associate those clubs with being far more inclined to alter the claret body and blue sleeves design, so that they end up with more claret rather than less.  I value brand purity, hence would keep blue sleeves in the same way Arsenal pretty much always retain white sleeves with their red body shirts.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I must admit, I tend to associate those clubs with being far more inclined to alter the claret body and blue sleeves design, so that they end up with more claret rather than less.  I value brand purity, hence would keep blue sleeves in the same way Arsenal pretty much always retain white sleeves with their red body shirts.

You've got a point.

West Ham and Burnley have a different shade of claret (and blue too if I'm not mistaken) than us. It looks more washed out and purplish to my colour blind eyes. Macron had us close to that shade especially in their first season with us. In our Nike days we were practically red :lol: 

But I agree, I associate experimenting with the body with those 2 clubs, and if we ever do it, it should be once in a claret and blue moon. I think the last time we had an all claret body was 2001/2002 which was 17 seasons ago.

Home kit looked nice yesterday. The blue is very light so not sure it would have looked right if we had kept with the blue sleeves. That bright blue & black unibet training gear is absolutely horrible though, didn't think it could look worse than it did in the photos but they somehow pulled it off

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

snuck this one on to the website

avfc-240944.jpg?width=250&height=250&qua

It must be a generation thing. 

I think that is one of the most disgusting items of clothing I have ever seen. 

My son however has just run into the room declaring how totally sick it is and wants it instead of the kit. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

definitely, i wouldnt buy it for myself and if i saw a grown adult wearing it around tescos i would be incredibly judgemental but thats a great design for kids

in the same way i cant imagine many kids going nuts over the polo shirts which i probably will end up buying

• Like 1

3rd kit is cool. I'd never wear it personally but I like it.

I'm definitely of the opinion that a claret body and blue sleeves should be the norm, but it's also fine to deviate from the norm from time to time. The 99/00 stripes kit was great as well. We'd had something like 14 kits in a row that stuck to the normal formula, so i'm fine with the claret sleeves for a year, especially when it looks this nice.

On 10/07/2018 at 11:37, LakotaDakota said:

The lion, star & AVFC letters are all rubber, The shield/crest they are attached to is embroidered.

NEVX3819_crest.jpg

That looks brilliant.

Â