Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the refusal of a handful of VT posters to buy some training clobber isn't going to be the difference between administration and survival. 

I know, just simple things annoy me.  Just why make things harder, as somebody mentioned somewhere else that it could be a death by a thousand cuts.  Some we have control of and some we don't.

Design wise it's OK. Nothing you can do about the unibet logo, but at least it's black. 

However there really is absolutely no way to reconcile the 2 lions. Either Luke goes on the back, or should have used a different logo (though obv having the name Luke on every shirt would also look ridiculous). That will look crap however much glitter you roll it in. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m struggling to give even the slightest shit about what the training gear looks like. 

Don't let your apathy for the clubs predicament stop you from enjoying the important things in football, mate. ?

Not surprising it's not for me.

Don't get the color scheme at all.

It's frankly awful and I imagine it will clash with the proper kit, I hope.

Then again it's the training kit so who cares.

But I hope they were not banking and selling a lot of these, because I doubt they will.

There's going to be a lot of complaints in this thread come Monday morning. The logo is shit lads. We know it's shit and we know it's going to be on the jersey. It's time to accept it. 

One thing that is odd is the pink on the training kit. The last thing we need is yet another home kit that's not actually claret.

Edited by villa89

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

There's going to be a lot of complaints in this thread come Monday morning. The logo is shit lads. We know it's shit and we know it's going to be on the jersey. It's time to accept it. 

One thing that is odd is the pink on the training kit. The last thing we need is yet another home kit that's not actually claret.

The kit will be proper claret according the official site.

99% of the time my feelings on our kit (both home and away) and our training wear ranges from 'meh' to 'that's lovely'. I can't think of any kit/training stuff I've really disliked in the last few years. Through Asics, Reebok, Diadora, Hummel, Nike, Macron or Under Armour it's all been 'OK' at worst (mostly the macron stuff) to really nice (Under Armour and, for it's time, the Reebok stuff).

However, this is the first time I've ever looked at our official wear and thought it's horrendous. I really hope the kit is nothing like the training wear at all. The colours, the design, the shiny 90s material, the cut, the sponsor, the logo...it's all awful.

Maybe I'm too old now - maybe this will really appeal to late teen/early 20s lads which is where I imagine LUKE's target audience is.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

The kit will be proper claret according the official site.

Yes they were very clear on that. Looking forward and hoping to see us wearing the old claret and blue colours again.

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

I sometimes buy the training gear if it looks nice, as sometimes the training gear looks nicer for casual wear than Claret & Blue.

That lilac Macron top was beautiful a couple of years ago, I still wear it now sometimes (plus it had no sponsor)

Goes lovely with dark blue or black jeans

s-l1600.jpg

That badge was going a hell of a speed before it came to a stop!

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Unibet is not the main sponsor and will not appear on the kits

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't say I'm that bothered about football shirts these days, last time I was must have been in my teens. It's just a football shirt.

A voice of reason. Apparent grown men on here using words like cut, design, colour scheme..have a word with yourselves lads. Jesus wept. I couldn't give a flying **** what it looks like. How we play football and what we'll be like come August 6th on the other hand I do care about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

A voice of reason. Apparent grown men on here using words like cut, design, colour scheme..have a word with yourselves lads. Jesus wept. I couldn't give a flying **** what it looks like. How we play football and what we'll be like come August 6th on the other hand I do care about.

You're so manly, I wish I was like you.

Can I feel your muscles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Come August 6th,  I think you'll be looking back with fondness on the fashion discussions!

Â