Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

I haven't bought a kit for years because i refuse to walk around advertising gambling companies, and me being the fool for paying £50 for the privilege - no thanks

Think the DWS was the last kit i bought

Here in Ireland the GAA has banned all gambling sponsorship in their sports. I don't think any footballing bodies would ever do likewise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

I rather like it. I hope to see Jack wearing it next season as well. 

Me too.

Although I do wonder why they put a portrait of Mile Jedinak on the back of it

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Is anyone else getting totally bored with this teasing, "show em just a bit, no....not too much...not yet" approach the club's merchandising/marketing depts are using ?

Two things spring to mind here :

1. Other teams sometimes play their last league game in next season's kit, thereby giving fans an opportunity to buy in plenty time for holidays etc.

2. Aren't the club in too much of a supposedly embarrassing position to be fannying around with the launch, like we're still the Bertie big B*ll*cks we think we are ?

Stop messing around and give the fans something to look forward to. I mean, judging by the amount of season tickets already snapped up, I think they deserve it.

It depends on when the Under Armour deal actually finishes I think.  You'd only play the last game in next season's kit if you were keeping the same manufacturer and sponsor.  Giving out teasers is probably all they can do at the moment.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It depends on when the Under Armour deal actually finishes I think.  You'd only play the last game in next season's kit if you were keeping the same manufacturer and sponsor.  Giving out teasers is probably all they can do at the moment.

I have wondered that. I usually buy my shirts towards the end of the season as I refuse to pay £40 odd for something I am going wear around the house. In April I bought my daughter the away shirt but I couldn't find a size M anywhere and now nowhere seems to have them for sale other than ebay. Last year the home and away kits from the previous season were readily available. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

If it's all about honouring the present manufacturers contract then that's fair enough i guess

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't remember a single season where we wore our new kits on the last game of the season. They always seem to be released a couple of weeks before the actual season.

I can remember two off the top of my head.  Last game of 2000/01 (v Coventry) and last game of 2002/03 (v Sunderland).

• Like 1

On 22/06/2018 at 11:58, mottaloo said:

Is anyone else getting totally bored with this teasing, "show em just a bit, no....not too much...not yet" approach the club's merchandising/marketing depts are using ?

The club are saving up for a whole shirt - in the interim weve brought the collar...

• Haha 4

Actually really enjoyed this read on Luke Roper the new kit designer. Thought I'd share it.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/son-youre-villa-fan-aston-14841401

Aston Villa fan Luke Roper has got the gig to create the kits for next season.

Luke, the founder of leading menswear fashion brand Luke 1977, is buzzing about the prospect of Villa wearing his designs in 2018/19.

The link-up was announced in May, the kits are good to go and all will be revealed ahead of the club's first pre season friendlies in mid-July.

Here, in his own words the lad from Walsall Wood shares the cracking story of his claret and blue allegiances and the remarkable rise of his fashion brand.

On 27/06/2018 at 08:42, hippo said:

The club are saving up for a whole shirt - in the interim weve brought the collar...

I've just checked on companies House and there are documents stating that Tony has borrowed 38p against the value of the collar. God knows what he would do if he owned the whole shirt. 

Â