Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

He looks to be the perfect DM. The defensive quality of a centre back, the height and power of one. I’m sure he can head a ball in a similar vein to Jedinak, whilst being a hell of a lot more mobile, and hopefully can pass too. 

Welcome Axel. I hope you have a smashing 6 months here. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tommybread said:

Can you please tell your colleagues that they are clueless. 

Tbf I watched some highlights of him on the youtubes and in some he did look like he was playing left back.

Bare in mind what most Man Utd fans know about their players is from Youtube clips.....

23 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They sum him up perfectly and coincides what I have seen & heard about him too. Having Terry behind him or at times along side him this season will give him that little extra bit of experience to his game that is all that is left, the small void if you will.

Mourinho said as much and one of the reasons (along with 1st team game time) that he let him join us on loan in the first place. Having someone like JT here (who he also knows very well) seen Villa as the best place for Axel to come to for various reasons and aide his development further.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Tbf I watched some highlights of him on the youtubes and in some he did look like he was playing left back.

Bare in mind what most Man Utd fans know about their players is from Youtube clips.....

He may have played LCB in a 3 before, **** if I had the memory to remember every game I've watched him play. Either way he isn't a LB.

Bare in mind you could say that about a lot of clubs fans no? Especially when a clubs games aren't televised half the time. 

20 minutes ago, tommybread said:

He may have played LCB in a 3 before, **** if I had the memory to remember every game I've watched him play. Either way he isn't a LB.

Bare in mind you could say that about a lot of clubs fans no? Especially when a clubs games aren't televised half the time. 

Seems to be versatile in defence and midfield across a whole range of positions - could be very useful .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Seems to be versatile in defence and midfield across a whole range of positions - could be very useful .

Yep ability to play across the back four and across midfield too.

I would say it is a great asset too but can only see him mainly playing in CDM and CD when needed there.

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

'You see they’re a passing side. They’re not just kick it up and head it, you know, they like to play and that’s what intrigued me to come here'

You sure about that Axel? Clearly you've never heard of Bruce ball! 

Hahahahahahahahahahahagagagahahagagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Umm ok then.

But we're hardly what I'd call a passing team. 

We’re much more of a passing team than VillaTalk gives us credit for. 

I think people still expect premier league football in the Championship. Compared to the majority of teams down here, we pass the ball a lot. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They sum him up perfectly and coincides what I have seen & heard about him too. Having Terry behind him or at times along side him this season will give him that little extra bit of experience to his game that is all that is left, the small void if you will.

Mourinho said as much and one of the reasons (along with 1st team game time) that he let him join us on loan in the first place. Having someone like JT here (who he also knows very well) seen Villa as the best place for Axel to come to for various reasons and aide his development further.

I actually do think us having terry was the reason mourinho allowed him to come here. Terry will improve him as a player. Brilliant by Bruce bringing Terry here

• Like 4

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I actually do think us having terry was the reason mourinho allowed him to come here. Terry will improve him as a player. Brilliant by Bruce bringing Terry here

Agreed :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd break it down something like this:

Pass - 45%

Long Ball - 25%

Hoof - 15%

Aimless Hoof -10%

The 'Hutton'  - 5%

Do the Hutton! doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

• Like 2

Â