Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Everything I've seen about him from Wiki, transfermarkt, Man U forums and papers state he's naturally a central defender, who could also fill in at RB or DCM because he reads the game well and it very athletic and pacy.

A bit optimistic to hope a 20 y.o CB with 8 career senior games can step in a be a starter at midfield IMO but he's from Man U so who knows...

Never seen him play so I've no idea, but I would not be surprised if he's mainly here to be cover at CB since Samba is fragile and Elphick might be off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I would not be surprised if he's mainly here to be cover at CB since Samba is fragile and Elphick might be off.

I don't think Jose would have allowed him to join to just warm the Bench.

Elphick leaving changes nothing really.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think Jose would have allowed him to join to just warm the Bench.

Elphick leaving changes nothing really.

Exactly - he can cover in defence but I think he will be a starter at defensive midfield which has been a problem position this season .

Jose on;y let him come to villa for match experience - we are lucky to get him and he will not be here to sit on the bench .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So one of the biggest complaint about Bruce is he plays players out of position. 

Now we are all hoping he plays this lad out of position. 

Go figure.

He’s comfortable in many positions - probably better at DM than barney, whelan and Jedi which is the main thing .

the requisite was to bring in better than what we have in that position . 

‘Would you want to drop Chester or terry ?

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So there shouldn't be any problem just dropping BB either?

Elphick was leaving. If bb goes too.. then fine.. but looks like he's hanging around. Plus he was dropped for our captain and legend. Not some kid on loan.

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He’s comfortable in many positions - probably better at DM than barney, whelan and Jedi which is the main thing .

the requisite was to bring in better than what we have in that position . 

‘Would you want to drop Chester or terry ?

No I wouldn't. 

Have you seen him play in DM? I'm not convinced a 20 year out of position will be better than Jed in that role. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

No I wouldn't. 

Have you seen him play in DM? I'm not convinced a 20 year out of position will be better than Jed in that role. 

How often is Jedi fit? 

I like Jedi but his fitness is a major problem 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So one of the biggest complaint about Bruce is he plays players out of position. 

Go figure.

The Prophet has been a revelation playing out of position at left back.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KSV said:

Elphick was leaving. If bb goes too.. then fine.. but looks like he's hanging around. Plus he was dropped for our captain and legend. Not some kid on loan.

That is a fair point KSV. I think if Terry or Chester get injured then Tuanzebe will slot right in. The position of CDM will be between Bjarnasson & Tuanzebe initially.

It is so nice to have the options of headaches in positions in terms of selection that we have many players all fighting for the shirt in many positions. Good times.

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Go figure.

It wouldn't be Villatalk if we weren't asking to play CB at CDM.

Still waiting for Jores Okore to turn into Kante.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It wouldn't be Villatalk if we weren't asking to play CB at CDM.

Still waiting for Jores Okore to turn into Kante.

Wasn't Micah Richards also supposed to be quite apt at that position :crylaugh:

Â