Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

not sure about this one, He will want to play, but who would you drop ?

I wouldn't drop JT or Chester.

Would have been a decent buy,

But loan not so sure

He will be 1st choice CDM once he has settled in.

If Chester or Terry get injured from now until June, he will fill their void, until then, he will be our 1st choice CDM within a matter of games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah but why ruin Hogan's moral now...

;)

If we get ulloa in I think we will then have every angle covered and an extremely strong squad - hogan is brimming with confidence now and although we have gabby Davis and rhm I’d far rather have ulloa as another striking option to those 3 .

the signing today is very good news and I’d now be inclined to let Thor and elphick go if we get decent offers for them .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Welcome Axel!

How long is the loan, just the rest of this season?

Yes , but who knows , if we do go up maybe utd would loan him again to get more premier league games .

could be a situation that suits all parties similar to Kyle Walker 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You will indeed be proved wrong.

For me this guy is good enough to start ahead of Thor, Jedi, Whelan, Elphick and Samba. He is very versatile between both positions and we could afford to let Elphick & a CDM go this window and it still wouldn't be a problem.

It is a great move by the club at such a crucial stage of the season, a player that is better than hslf of the squad in those positions we already have and a player who I have been told is the next Paul McGrath (by someone who knows him very well).

The dynamics are very sensible too with it being a loan. I am sorry but I don't buy into this avoid loans doing PL clubs favours stigma. I think we need to realise what league we are in still and to be able to pull of such a signing is absolutely unbelievable.

It also allows us to move one or two names on from these two positions thus freeing up wages for surplus players. He is 2 players in effect who won't be on massive wages but could allow us to free up 2 lots of wages and maybe a few £m along the way in fee's too.

This is far from odd my friend, it is very good to see and shows organisation at the top level.

Have you seen Axel play a lot then?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

To a certain extent I'd rather have players who are contracted to  Villa and want to play for Villa than talented players on loan who see Villa as a temporary home. He might well add to the team or he might upset the dynamic- it just seems a random punt at this stage of the season. I could well be wrong but just seems a odd signing.

How can adding quality to the squad be an odd signing? Sambas injury prone, Elphicks not rated. Whelen hit and miss. Thor has played a decent 45 minutes and Jed is never fit. 

How can this signing make anything but sense? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

To a certain extent I'd rather have players who are contracted to  Villa and want to play for Villa than talented players on loan who see Villa as a temporary home. He might well add to the team or he might upset the dynamic- it just seems a random punt at this stage of the season. I could well be wrong but just seems a odd signing.

So would you rather not have Johnstone, Snodgrass and Onomah in the squad?

• Like 1

Look I'll start with the caveat that I've not seen the kid play, but this is the one area (given the form of JT and Chester I'm presuming the kid will play CDM) that i thought was in desperate need of strengthening. 

Jedinak and Whelan both have their own threads so I'm not going to go to much into those guys bar saying I'm not a big fan of either. 

I've just felt we need much more mobility in that area, we often look slow and laboured. 

Also love that interview, he talks with authority without sounding arrogant. This could be (see the above caveat) an inspired signing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the kid. 

Edited by av1

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Looks to me like he played at right back against Arsenal and holding mid against Spurs?

We've loaned a utility player...?

Totally agree.

Know nothing about the lad - hadn't heard of him till a couple of weeks ago. But so far Bruce has been pretty astute in the loan market and has done extremely well in managing the team ethos within the squad. If he feels Axel is the right player and he knows what to do with him then I'll have faith that he's got it right. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure, but for some reason, back in the day I was always hoping the Axel Witzel rumour would come off eventually.

He was quality as was that whole standard liege team. Looking at the National team you could say that era was the rebirth of Belgian football! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I too think he is a utility player.....and one that seems to have all the attributes.

JM would not have allowed him to come here without assurances of playing.

I have not seen him play, so I am ******* in the wind.....but he sounds like a player that will strengthen us in a general defensive capacity.

He will just strengthen the overall.

Â