One For The Road

One positive to them going down is that I think they're going to find it tough next season in the championship, so good chance we won't just have all the relegated teams coming straight back up. I can see them becoming an average midtable championship team like what's become of the likes of Blackburn and Stoke, it could get worse than that, especially if there's any truth to their financial difficulties.

They're also about to have their academy downgraded from category one status, which doesn't bode well for their finances, shouldn't be happening to a club with Premier League money.

They've got a few players such as Pope, Taylor, Roberts, Collins, Brownhill, McNeil, Cornet, and Weghorst who they should get decent money for and a few others that will bring in a million here and there, so should be able to raise some funds, will then depend on what happens to that money.

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How are they in such financial trouble?  Practically been pocketing all of the Prem money for the last 6 seasons.

The recent takeover was leveraged against the club. No premier league tv money, equals big problems. Plus as part of the takeover deal I believe they need to cough up £60m somewhere along the line around one of the loans they took. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Pope though, he's a great keeper, wonder who will go for him?

Rumored that Fulham were after him a few months ago, wouldn't be surprised to see a Newcastle go in for him either (if Henderson doesn't work out)

Â