One For The Road

On 18/06/2022 at 19:34, VillaChris said:

They're just going to sign half the Man. City youth team on loan aren't they? So that was attraction in getting Kompany given they need to lower average age of the squad.

Could go either way I think but if they hang onto Connor Roberts, Nathan Collins and Charlie Taylor and get in a decent CB that's a solid defence at least to build from at championship level.

Still think they'll be around 8th-9th if they sign a decent striker.

How many have they signed from Man. City?

TBF likes of Twine and rumoured signings of Cullen and O'Hare are pretty smart, massively bringing down age of their first 11.

If they can hang onto likes of Nathan Collins then I actually think they'll do the best of the three relegated teams.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They've mostly closed now, haven't they. It's a shame, I used to love their chili poppers.

One of my least favourite Abba songs. 

On 11/07/2022 at 00:58, VillaChris said:

How many have they signed from Man. City?

TBF likes of Twine and rumoured signings of Cullen and O'Hare are pretty smart, massively bringing down age of their first 11.

If they can hang onto likes of Nathan Collins then I actually think they'll do the best of the three relegated teams.

Looks like he's off to Wolves

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

A Nathan Tella hattrick has seen Burnley match ASTON VILLA'S 2018/2019 Championship record of 10 straight away wins

Whippet shagging scum. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Rodders said:

Nah its only for Burnley making 6 changes to  their side after confirming promotion. Won't face any penalty I'd have thought.

They're also within squad rules on it.

I can see why sides would moan, but football is a squad game.

84% of Burnley is owned by ALK Capital, an American holding company mostly owned by their chairman, the rest of the club is owned by individual shareholders so this JJ Watt and Kealia Watt, one of who was an NFL player and the other a footballer have now jumped on the bandwagon following promotion to the premier league. I'm happy we have long term and patient owners/capital who own villa as its much less volatile than these types of people who can come and go all the time. I imagine  squad investment is much more complicated with lots of different owners.

• 1 month later...
Â