The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Just now, Zatman said:

I wouldnt even call watery overpriced Amstel/Carlsberg beer 😉

Concourse filled with 6 thousand fans requires a shitty lager. I don't want a hoppy ale experience - I just want to get the throat going and well oiled to shout abuse at the referee. 

But you are correct. They are brewing abominations. 

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sounds like alcoholism to me.  "15 minute break.... arrrrrghhhh.... NEED BOOZE!"  **** hell :D 

well, no, if you're on an all dayer and want to go out after the game, then having 3 hour break (on the basis you leave the pub at 2.30 and aren't back in the pub till 5.30) really does kill the buzz. i never buy beer at the ground, home or away, and as a result there have been several times i've planned to go out when i got home and not bothered because i stopped drinking for a few hours

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well, no, if you're on an all dayer and want to go out after the game, then having 3 hour break (on the basis you leave the pub at 2.30 and aren't back in the pub till 5.30) really does kill the buzz. i never buy beer at the ground, home or away, and as a result there have been several times i've planned to go out when i got home and not bothered because i stopped drinking for a few hours

That's where I was too

Usually it was a brilliant day out derailed by a football match 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I think it's genuinely an issue if someone is incapable of having 1 or 2 beers before a game, waiting 3 hours, and then having more.

I suppose it's also an issue if they've had 10 beers before the game.

Either way!

Edited by bobzy

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I was too

Usually it was a brilliant day out derailed by a football match 

Exactly. I could only see football being a distraction to a good session!

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Depends if we win or not and if you get a vodka redbull down you that stuff is magic juice for a flagging session 😉 

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it's genuinely an issue if someone is incapable of having 1 or 2 beers before a game, waiting 3 hours, and then having more.

I suppose it's also an issue if they've had 10 beers before the game.

Either way!

I think the issue is people giving you reasons why it’s not simply being incapable of going a few hours without a beer and you just ignoring them to repeat yourself.

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It’ll be because of the bottle it comes in, won’t it? 

Yes, but common sense has to prevail. Who spends £14 on a 300ml bottle of Piz Buin to chuck it at a player? You can throw a phone at a player too, but they’re allowed in

Edited by a m ole

Just now, a m ole said:

Yes, but common sense has to prevail. Who spends £14 on a 300ml bottle of Piz Buin to chuck it at a player? You can throw a phone at a player too, but they’re allowed in

Oh, for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think this is a common misconception, although I can’t verify it. I heard that bottles aren’t allowed because they’re trip hazards so can cause crushes. That’s why they take the kid off the bottles they give you so that they flatten under your feet. If they had the lid on they wouldn’t and you’d fall over it

Â