The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 26/07/2022 at 18:59, Zatman said:

Batsuhayi is still a Chelsea player and has played nearly as many games out on loan than he has for Chelsea

Isnt Kennedy still at chelsea too? Their loan system makes them a fortune. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure where else to put this

Was looking at the transfers around the world and saw that Brazilian FM wonderkid Renan has been released on a free by palmerias and thought wow which big club is going after him then

Turns out he's been sacked after killing someone while driving drunk and without a license 

Thats very NFL!

2 minutes ago, daft said:

I don't get it.. 😐

Rose West stand

Rose West;

Rosemary Pauline West is an English serial killer who collaborated with her husband, Fred West, in the torture and murder of at least nine young women between 1973 and 1987;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_West

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daft said:

Ah, thanks mate! I'm one of those foreigners so I blame that for lacking the requisite historical reference.

For the record her husband, Fred was a Villa fan 👍

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Isnt Kennedy still at chelsea too? Their loan system makes them a fortune. 

Him and Baba Rahman signed in 2015 and have played an incredible 30 games between them in the league

I am sure Chelsea are not handing them 8 year contracts when they sign

On 03/08/2022 at 20:42, Follyfoot said:

For the record her husband, Fred was a Villa fan 👍

He was from the shires. Typical! 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Photo doing the rounds of the beer prices at West ham today, £7.60 a pint 

About the same as I paid at Download a couple of months ago, and the same as I paid at Rocky City. I suspect it'll be about the same amount people are expected to pay at VP next week, for a pint that'll cost half that somewhere without a captive audience.

They're greedy bastards, aren't market forces a wonderful thing.

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

About the same as I paid at Download a couple of months ago, and the same as I paid at Rocky City. I suspect it'll be about the same amount people are expected to pay at VP next week, for a pint that'll cost half that somewhere without a captive audience.

They're greedy bastards, aren't market forces a wonderful thing.

Not sure why people just don't buy the Stuff .

I mean I like a drink but I can easily go without for two hours, and at those prices I could go without for a lot longer! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I mean I like a drink but I can easily go without for two hours, and at those prices I could go without for a lot longer! 

Agreed. At the kind of places that charge these captive audience prices, it's almost always shit beer as well.

58 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I agree with this but a lot of people fall for it being part of the "atmosphere" etc. 

It's kinda like buying popcorn at the cinema. You can easily go without for a 90 minute film or buy it (comparatively) dirt cheap from a supermarket or even make it at home. However, people will gladly pay £5+ for a tiny little tub of it. 

We never buy a pint at the ground. 

We take a pack of lager with us and when we park up, drink them then before walking to the ground. 

I always find the lager at the ground tastes like it's been diluted and I ain't paying best part of £5+ for that. 

Â