The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure why they keep saying Haaland is a bargain signing, talking about it now on SSN. Yes he was 50m, but to get him for 50m he's had to be paid (which is rarely talked about) 2 million a month. Over 2 years that's another 50m

I'm not sure the £50m fee includes the payment to his agent does it?

All top players transfers have a lot of large other hidden costs too.

I bet with Grealish gif example there was al kinds of other payments to agents, advisors (family) on top of the £100m.

It’s normal (but a piss take) and Haalands move is no different to others.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

All top players transfers have a lot of large other hidden costs too.

Agents taking huge chunks of cash has been a thing for donkeys years

The dad taking a bag of money seems relatively new though, neymar was the first I'd heard it

Pepe to arsenal had loads of people being paid on the side, it's surprising the clubs have never tried to stand up to it as a collective, agents seem to have more power than the buying club 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agents taking huge chunks of cash has been a thing for donkeys years

The dad taking a bag of money seems relatively new though, neymar was the first I'd heard it

Pepe to arsenal had loads of people being paid on the side, it's surprising the clubs have never tried to stand up to it as a collective, agents seem to have more power than the buying club 

This is the thing, it rarely gets released in public. Pogba’s deals were also full of bungs to a raft of people.

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Six games in the and the 'scum 6' are sitting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th. 

Easy to see how it happens so quickly into the season when you have a look at some of the weekend's refereeing decisions.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah an all the crap in the bottom 3 😁 

I guess it's probably fairer to say that for the most part, all the crap will be in the bottom 14.

The gap between 7th and 20th is getting to be smaller than the gap between 7th and 6th. 

• Like 2

Â