The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

New record of £1.5 Billion spent by Prem clubs this window so far and its not even finished yet with Utd & Chelsea still going crazy

Yet most fans won't be able to afford to heat their houses this winter. 

Where did it all go wrong?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 23/08/2022 at 17:48, HanoiVillan said:

Mildly funny detail from an article listing all players not to make a PL bench so far this season:

'NOTTINGHAM FOREST
Harry Arter: Earned a pay rise and another year on his contract when Forest were promoted to the Premier League while he was on loan in the National League.'

from: https://www.football365.com/news/55-premier-league-players-bench-barkley-winks-bellerin

"Scott Carson: There he is. Hero"

😀

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Didn't know where else to post this, but loved it

Definitely the polar opposite of what this thread is intended for. Still,  I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't posted it, so thanks!

Edit,  there's a cheery twits thread somewhere. I think it would go there. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Definitely the polar opposite of what this thread is intended for. Still,  I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't posted it, so thanks!

Edit,  there's a cheery twits thread somewhere. I think it would go there. 

A general 'football clips across social media' thread would be good.

Nepotism is not just alive and well at Villa. After not deserving a job except being Beckhams mate, now Phil Neville has given his son a pro contract at Inter Miami

He played at Valencia as well 😂😂

......and Chelsea and West Ham fans still don't know what time they're kicking off on Saturday.

TV not allowing them to select the most regular slots because they've already paid to show games.

It's an absolute indictment of the degree to which TV money completely overpowers the experience of real fans.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

......and Chelsea and West Ham fans still don't know what time they're kicking off on Saturday.

TV not allowing them to select the most regular slots because they've already paid to show games.

It's an absolute indictment of the degree to which TV money completely overpowers the experience of real fans.

Surely the police should get involved too. I dont think its a game they would want at 8pm for example

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surely the police should get involved too. I dont think its a game they would want at 8pm for example

They don't.

The police are involved and are trying to rule out an evening kick off, Sky and BT are ruling out 12:30 and 17:30 because they already have games and I think there's a resistance to 15:00 because a TV company owns it and can't show it if it's at 15:00 so wants compensation. It's ridiculous.

In the meantime, there are fans with families who can't plan their journeys or their lives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They don't.

The police are involved and are trying to rule out an evening kick off, Sky and BT are ruling out 12:30 and 17:30 because they already have games and I think there's a resistance to 15:00 because a TV company owns it and can't show it if it's at 15:00 so wants compensation. It's ridiculous.

In the meantime, there are fans with families who can't plan their journeys or their lives.

What a farce alright. Only positive i suppose for fans is that its in London and not a long journey

I dont understand how it was badly organised when the fixtures were announced, they should have known would be potential European changes.

Suppose alternative is a 10.30 kick off or getting the Merseyside derby pushed back a day but Klopp wont like that 😂😂

I was looking for a comment that summed up the type of transfer obsessed modern fan that I would want to hit in the face with an anvil. I found it on the BBC

A Liverpool fan talking about Arthur Melo

12:47
Get Involved
#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only - standard message rates apply)

Frankly embarrassing that a club finishing in top 2 of PL and in 3 of the last 5 CL finals is looking at bargain basement loan deals. What are the owners of LFC doing?

Alan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/62717249/page/8

Â