The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Brighton Palace called off due to train strikes. ‘The A23 Derby’.

in fairness, getting to that stadium by any other means apart from train is an absolute nightmare, coupled with the fact that its a derby...a bizarre one, but a derby nevertheless...

it does make total sense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Some Premier League clubs who spent millions in the summer are not paying the casual staff for games that have been called off this weekend

Stay classy Premier League

You say that but if tescos shut next Saturday for the funeral (or whenever it is) they won't pay their hourly staff either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You say that but if tescos shut next Saturday for the funeral (or whenever it is) they won't pay their hourly staff either 

Tesco employ 330,000 people in the UK. Chelsea's casual staff is probably 100? 200?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Tesco employ 330,000 people in the UK. Chelsea's casual staff is probably 100? 200?

Chelsea will employ around 1,000 casual catering workers on a matchday, factor in stewards, turnstiles and car parks and you're probably nearer to 1,400.

People underestimate how much of the workforce is casual - Villa's in-house permanent catering team is about eight people.

• Like 1

Also, presumably this workforce that doesn't get paid will get a replacement pay day when the rescheduled game occurs?

I'm not saying I like this employment approach in general, but I also don't think Chelsea are really in the wrong here. Yes, they could have taken the opportunity to be generous, but that would be a fairly exceptional thing I'd imagine.

Â