January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Useful signing. I think he'll primarily be used at DM - we're short there with only Jedinak being half decent - and he'll provide cover for all positions across the defence. I suppose we have absolutely no chance of making it permanent though.

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

My Man Ure supporting colleague  said Tuanzebe is class and I actually respect his player opinions. He can play RB, CB and DM apparently.

Swell!

Honestly from what I've heard he's highly rated so might be a solid loan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

So that's 4 out of the 5 loan players we are allowed to have in the match squad done then?

Hopefully if there is another one it's a striker.

Or a RB we could use some more RB's :D

Looking likely yeah. I am thinking it will be Ulloa.

2 hours ago, sne said:

So that's 4 out of the 5 loan players we are allowed to have in the match squad done then?

Hopefully if there is another one it's a striker.

Or a RB we could use some more RB's :D

Send Onomah back to free up a space for a loanee who can actually improve us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, av1 said:

I can't comment on kid as i have never seen him play, but i can't agree with the notion that DM isn't an area in urgent need of strengthening. 

Whelan has been poor and Jedinak offers no mobility at all. I personally think we have been crying out for an energetic DM all season. 

Pretty much this as I was totally against the signing of Jedi and then Whelan. If he is coming to play DM then Bruce must believe that Whelan or Jedi aren’t good enough in that position to see Villa through to promotion. I can’t see loaning such a player and then not playing him.

• Like 1

I think there's a class player in Onomah and hopefully he'll show that in the run in. I'd keep him personally. That said, if Grealish stays fit we won't need him as much. A more mobile DM is welcome. Thought we might loan a left back too. Obviously a striker is vital, but wouldn't send Onomah back. I think we'll need him.

4 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Tried and tested  Bruce method.

take a top clubs youngster to help get out of the Championship.

Has worked for him before....

We’ve got a top youth set up why not try ours? Bruce seems to look outward more than he does in house. Has Onomah been that exceptional he is miles better than anything we’ve got? This kid may be brilliant but it’d have been nice to try out our kids a bit more seeing as Davis, Green, Grealish and OHare have all looked good in Championship and Doyle Hayes and Lyden have done ok in their brief time in the first team. Both should’ve been involved more by now. 

• Like 2