January transfer window 2018

Jareth

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Hang on!  Ulloa and Benteke upfront?  That's the Bruceball end game right there, the perfect storm, the dinosaurs wet dream!!

Samba's not injured, he's just being rested in preparation for their arrival!!  They said MSN (Messi, Suarez and Neymar) would never be bettered, but it's time to plug in the USB!!!

In fairness it would probably work.

Credit where credit is due, both Ulloa and Benteke are technically very good, more to them then battering rams. 

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

No way they’d let him go, do they have any other CFs?

They have Wickham who's injured and hasn't played this season.

A guy named Keshi Anderson who's on loan at Swindon and hasn't played this season.

And a Mr Olayinka Fredrick Oladotun Ladapo who's amassed 16 minutes this season...

Sako and Zaha I guess can technically play CF, but nah. Benteke is their only real CF.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Credit where credit is due, both Ulloa and Benteke are technically very good, more to them then battering rams. 

Football is all about opinions and mine is no more relevant than yours - but I personally would not describe Ulloa as being good technically- but definitely agree Benteke is 

3 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

"AVFC considering an ambitious loan attempt for struggling #CPFC attacker Christian Benteke. However Leonardo Ulloa is a much more likely option and the chairman knows this. Both Xia and Bruce would prefer a permanent deal..."

This evening i was considering an ambitious attempt for the Wagyu/Kobe Steak, However Rump is a much more likely option and the missus knows this.

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I can't see him dropping down to The Championship, if we get promoted then I'd love him back

But.... 

1) It's been a spluttering season for him at Palace
2) That whole penalty debacle hasn't endeared him to the Palace fans
3) It's a World Cup Year & Lukaku seems to have hit a wall

So, he comes to the championship, bangs in 15 goals at a club where he is loved, gets us promoted & becomes 1st choice for Belgium.

Easy!!*

*(I'm clutching at straws aren't I?)

Cmon guys, get real. 

We are not re-signing benteke this month, that ship sailed as soon as we got relegated. 

You're talking about a guy who other clubs have spent £60+M on in the past few years, and you think that whilst in his prime (age wise) he's going to join a second tier team?!

Edited by bannedfromHandV

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Cmon guys, get real. 

We are not re-signing benteke this month, that ship sailed as soon as we got relegated. 

You're talking about a guy who other clubs have spent £60+M on in the past few years, and you think that whilst in his prime (age wise) he's going to join a second tier team?!

Well a loan with an option to buy if we're promoted is not completely pie in the sky is it?

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I dunno I have my doubts about his ability now. He's looked like a right cart horse at times lately, unpopular opinion I know. 

I think we had his best years. Strange how he is always referred to as basically just being a big man these days, he was so much more of a player than that when he was here.

• Like 2