January transfer window 2018

Jareth

On ‎9‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 05:57, bobzy said:

We don't even really need that many more goals.

We've scored 38 goals in the league this season - that puts us at a very modest 9th place in terms of top divisional scorers.

However, the scorers above us have 39, 39, 39, 39, 40 (all outside playoffs), 40, 41 and (Wolves) 50 goals.  Free flowing Derby have scored 3 more goals than us.

I think its more to do with where the goals are coming from...  can probably count on one hand those scored by strikers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

That's the nature of the beast mate last summer i thought Villa please go for Neil Etheridge on free from Walsall as can be developed into good keeper he is now first choice at Cardiff and doing well and having great season, Daniel Bentley the year before (Free from Southend) who i mentioned loads of times on here before i was Pro Scout and also for Romaine Sawyers (Free from Walsall) also on here both at Brentford now  but alas no one from Villa hears about them on here lol lots of other bosman's as well and some cracking one's coming up in summer which i believe the club won't bother going for.

Some free/bosman players are cracking players as proved by Brentford!

Get your cv off to vp

• Haha 1

Amartey made his name in Sweden as a CB.

He was bought by Djurgården as a DCM but was moved to CB very soon.

Not sure he can do a job at CM, listed as defender for Ghana.

Has there been any word where Bruce intends to use him, or is he to be a utility player like Thor?

• Like 1

My Liverpool season ticket Uncle has said that Ings and Solanke want first team football with the hope of making the World Cup squad.  Both want loans to Premier clubs, but I wonder if this is what Bruce meant about being patient and waiting til the end of the window?  If there are no Premiership takers, do they then consider Championship clubs?  Wouldn't fancy Ings, but Solanke could be a good option.   No doubt there's plenty of other Premiership squad players thinking the same.  The waiting game is horrible, but can see why it happens. 

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

My Liverpool season ticket Uncle has said that Ings and Solanke want first team football with the hope of making the World Cup squad.  Both want loans to Premier clubs, but I wonder if this is what Bruce meant about being patient and waiting til the end of the window?  If there are no Premiership takers, do they then consider Championship clubs?  Wouldn't fancy Ings, but Solanke could be a good option.   No doubt there's plenty of other Premiership squad players thinking the same.  The waiting game is horrible, but can see why it happens. 

I think you may be right. The ones that have not got  a move to one may have to look at championship. Cant see Ings dropping down though 

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I would give Ings a piggyback to B6 if he needs a lift!

Unfortunately 4 or 5 prem teams interested though.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve heard Adam Clayton from ‘boro is one of the best holding midfielders in the league... that did come from a Boro fan, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him come in. Whelan isn’t great and Jedi won’t last forever. 

Not sure U2 would want to let him go mate?

Edited by striker
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I would give Ings a piggyback to B6 if he needs a lift!

Unfortunately 4 or 5 prem teams interested though.

Sturridge is also in the same boat as Ings and Solanke.  Wants games before the World Cup squad is picked.  Again and i agree with you also, plenty of Premiership clubs would take a punt, but you never know.  We need to be patient until the final week of the window i think, then we maybe surprised who joins on loan.