January transfer window 2018

Jareth

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Apparently we are interested in Irish sensation Chiedozie Ogbene from Limerick. 

Anybody know anything about him?.. 

Heavily linked with Scunthorpe the other day, one of the top prospects in the LOI, would be available for a low 6 figure sum I reckon as Limerick are pretty much bust. Pretty much a wide forward so would be behind Adomah, Snodgrass and Green straight away but he has potential.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Liverpool.

Could he hack it here thou?

Think he'd be turned to Haggis in the Championship.

Would be an offal signing

Edited by sne

11 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

"AVFC considering an ambitious loan attempt for struggling #CPFC attacker Christian Benteke. However Leonardo Ulloa is a much more likely option and the chairman knows this. Both Xia and Bruce would prefer a permanent deal..."

Let’s get both! Sure with both of them upfront we would score bucket loads and win promotion and not have to worry about ffp! Yep, it’s that simple. 

I’m pretty sure it’s just rubbish paper chat, but the concept of Benteke coming home, and in this league too, is serious boner territory. 

A loan from January to May, with 19 games left to play... I reckon he could score 15 goals. 

• Like 3

Well loaning Benteke in with agreement to buy for £30 million if we get promoted would work well for both clubs. I don't think Benteke is Roy's preferred striker if he had his way. Benteke would surely destroy this division, and we wouldn't have to worry about getting a new striker if we are promoted. 

• Like 1

Benteke? Palace would need to sign someone first, which is not impossible, but we'd never cover the wages. The only way he comes in is if we see something like the sale of Green and one or two others moved on but I suppose Thor and Elphick could go or we get actual money for Ross so it's on the outer most rim of 'possible' I suppose.