Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Because the way we let Reading have the ball and applied no pressure at all can only come down to tactics. You can't shout at players to press and accept it when they don't. I think it's far more likely they are doing what they are being instructed to do. They're professional footballers not children.  If after 30 odd games Bruce can't get his team playing to the same levels as other teams who have managers in for shorter periods of time then surely you have to start questioning the manager?

Yes. Snodgrass being on the pitch may have done something differently, but it would have been some solo effort from miles away or a free kick or something like that. The overall performance of the team would have still been poor IMO. 

If you genuinely believe we haven't got one of strongest teams in this league and we need more "quality" additions to go up then fair enough. But I couldn't disagree more. I certainly don't take defeat to Reading and Cardiff as a sign we need better players, I take it as a sign we need better management of our players. 

Snodgrass may have added to the improvisation that can undo defences ,not just a solo effort.

also,I accept your points and i think there is a time for the manager to be questioned at any club, not just ours.....but IMV still too early.

but I accept he has to get results....my comments are not aimed at accepting defeats, better performances yes.....but he has to get results to survive.

such has been our demise, i was never expecting any manager to create a quick fix and such was the demise to get all the right players in at the first time of asking was fanciful.....he will rebuild this team on an incremental basis and the players he had last year will be fazed out on merit and the quality will hopefully improve on a gradual basis.....that is what I see as the plan......along with introducing our exciting batch of kids.

It is fine quoting 30 odd games, but its actually 7/8 years of demise in reality....this notion we was going to be instantly turned round was ambitious at best and irritating at worst.

I have seen Steve Bruce and many,many other managers screaming across the pitch, non more so than Neil Warnock......does that strike you as players doing as they are told.....I have seen Mourinho hook players during a game, does that strike you as following instructions, They are professional footballers but they are human too.

My comments are not an attempt at a get out of jail card for Steve Bruce , just an option at other thoughts other than just tactics.

I think we have got a strong squad....but as Lee Dixon pointed out the other night, the best players have an ability to concentrate better.....thats another consideration for us to contemplate......How much do WE know about our players ability to concentrate....never mind all the other stuff.

I accept the manager has to take ultimate responsibility......I don't accept he is to be at the brunt of every disappointing action or event or result.

and furthermore I would say that about any football manager.....they too are only human.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yes. I will blame constantly hoofing the ball to Hogan on tactics and lack of match preparation.

Did the Cardiff or Reading squads consist better players than ours? No. Did they perform better as a team? Yes. 

Of course it's down to tactics and match prep.

I don't see how having Snodgrass on the pitch would have changed either result. 

No? Says who? You?

Why are our players better than Readings? Because last time I checked, they were beaten play off finalists and we finished mid table.

We have a strong squad in areas but a hugely unbalanced one. Snodgrass will help address this unbalance as we're s*** at creating chances for our strikers. 

So assuming Snodgrass signs, I assume for the next match (not Bristol) we could see this:

------------------------Davis/Hogan------------------------

-----Green---------Snodgrass--------------Elmo------

----------------Hourihane--------Whenlan--------------

That leaves Onomah, Lansbury, Adomah, Davis or Hogan, and Birkir as our offensive subs. 

I hope we don't sign Snodgrass, he is on the decline. He has only played 71 games in the last 4 years too,  he appears to have taken fitness tips from Darren Anderton!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I see a lot of People mentioning something Dr. Tone supposed to have said about  Snodgrass, can someone please elabourate on this? 

I can't remember exactly what he said, but he said something along the lines of, "We've been discussing one more player in. Hopefully it'll be the right decision".

Then a fan questioned his tweet saying something like "You don't sound too convinced", to which Tony replied along the lines of "I would honestly like to give the youngsters more opportunities".

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I see a lot of People mentioning something Dr. Tone supposed to have said about  Snodgrass, can someone please elabourate on this? 

Not sure which part you are on about. However a couple weeks ago he said he wasn't on our radar.

Then recently quoting Pep and saying things change.

Some ppl assume it was in reference to Snodgrass.

Also a reference about him saying he would rather promote kids etc.

Take your pick.

Also what @Daweii said above.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

To me Snodgrass has always had the look and demeanor of a man waking up after a massive bender (insert Kenneth Williams gif here).

For that reason I think he will fit in just fine

Kenneth-Williams-carry-on-movies-1210640

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

To me Snodgrass has always had the look and demeanor of a man waking up after a massive bender (insert Kenneth Williams gif here).

For that reason I think he will fit in just fine

He's Scottish, That's what he's supposed to look like

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No? Says who? You?

Why are our players better than Readings? Because last time I checked, they were beaten play off finalists and we finished mid table.

We have a strong squad in areas but a hugely unbalanced one. Snodgrass will help address this unbalance as we're s*** at creating chances for our strikers. 

Last season they performed better as a team. It doesn't mean their players are better than ours. What reading players would you take over our players? Bacuna? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Last season they performed better as a team. It doesn't mean their players are better than ours. What reading players would you take over our players? Bacuna? 

I don't know. I don't watch enough of Reading to know who their better players are. 
You just stick to the line that all our players are great and we have the best squad in the league. Just like we had the best squad in the league under Di Matteo and Bruce last season.

Meanwhile, back in reality, I'll stick to the fact that we don't and we are lacking in certain areas. One of those areas is the position Snodgrass plays, and hopefully he will improve us. 

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't know. I don't watch enough of Reading to know who their better players are. 
You just stick to the line that all our players are great and we have the best squad in the league. Just like we had the best squad in the league under Di Matteo and Bruce last season.

Meanwhile, back in reality, I'll stick to the fact that we don't and we are lacking in certain areas. One of those areas is the position Snodgrass plays, and hopefully he will improve us. 

Snodgrass definitely has something to offer. If you don't think our squad is one of, if not the strongest in the league then I'm not sure you are in reality. 

• Like 2

Â