John Terry

Farlz

Think he will have a big role with the players, especially early doors. Jack has always looked up to him, and you’d imagine Tammy has as well. They have both shown sympathy to Bruce going, and could have possibly made it hard (you never no what happens behind closed doors) for someone of Smith’s relative inexperience and stature in the game. However, you’d honk the appointment of Terry would stop this happening, allowing Smith to get on with his job of changing our style

Welcome back JT, I trust you to do the right thing with our defence, and come out of retirement until January if needed.

The fact he is happy to be assistant when Lampard and Gerrard have both gone straight into management tells me one of two things...

The board have a project that he believes in and he thinks he'll benefit from the experience of working under a modern progressive coach like Smith with a fanbase that he won over with his commitment last year. Or, he couldn't persuade the EFL to give him an exemption on his badges and he's using us a stepping stone.

FWIW, I think it's the former.

Edited by MrBlack

He was just joking about retiring from playing wasn't he. You've been JT'ed. That's what he might say when he's named in the team on Saturday, hoping for a sort of Punk'd type spin off like Rio Ferdinand had. And we'll all laugh and cheer and AVTV will give him his own segment where he goes around in disguises playing pranks on former players. Calling up John Carew and offering a job in the new Bond film, inviting Gabby on to Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire and asking him only €100 questions and seeing how he gets on. Things like that. 

It's good news

Terry singing "Stand By Me" on a TV Show on tomorrow night, video on link

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1029435/John-Terry-Stand-By-Me-A-League-of-Their-Own-video-watch-sing-Chelsea

Terry went viral last year when he sang the 1975 hit song at his Aston Villa initiation.

And the legendary defender was persuaded to do just that again - except this time on a bigger stage.

Grinning from ear to ear, Terry starts a small jig and clicks his fingers as the backing music starts.

The crowd get on their feet and cheer as he hits his first note - before the stage opens up to reveal six backing singers with a difference.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, John said:

Welcome back John. Good luck with organising that defence and on this first step in becoming a coaching legend. That "unfinished business" is waiting in the in tray for you.

A dvd of bruces football?

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Delighted he is back. Still don't get why as we are desperate for CB'S why he returned but shut off the option to play.  Im guessing it was a bit of politics to land his first coaching role.

I’m guessing like everyone else but I’d say as a 100% guy he thinks his Assistant role demands just that......and I’d agree, especially in this day and age, and given the size of the job needs doing.

He can be plotting, planning, coaching, learning, motivating, and all the rest, far easier by not playing and training.

• Like 1

Â