John Terry

Farlz

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

His celebration in front of the Holte End after the final whistle was incredible. He looks like he's loving it here. 

The roar he brought from The Holte was absolutely immense. 

Oasis were firmly put on hold as the throng responded with a gutteral explosion. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we go up I honestly think he could do a job in the Premier League next season and I hope we do retain him.

Totally agree. Maybe not week in, week out at that level anymore, but he could certainly contribute a lot.

Even if he won't be able to contribute (as much) on the pitch next season, his experience in a league that he knows like the back of his hand would be vital. We should 100% keep him for another season IF we go up and IF he wants to stay.

His influence off the pitch cant be underestimated. Conte missing him at Chelsea. Here

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has admitted that his team are missing John Terry's presence in defence this season.

The veteran centre-back left the club to join Aston Villa at the end of last term, and the Italian has confessed that he attempted to keep him for another season.

"It was a big loss. A big loss. I tried to keep [Terry] for another season, but he wanted to play. He wanted to play and I understood this. I wish to him the best for him and his family," Conte told reporters during his pre-match press conference for Chelsea's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace.

"John Terry's role last season was incredible. He didn't play a lot of games but, despite this, his commitment is incredible and he helped me a lot in the changing room. Also to use the right work in the right moment."

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The crowds reaction to JT’s fist pump is brilliant

Brilliant. 

JT is a once in a generation type of player. 

Am amazing signing by Bruce. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

It's interesting that he chooses to shoot towards to Holte in the first half. I think it helps us at home. 

Was it his choice yesterday? From where I was it looked like Wolves chose to turn us around. The crowd certainly thought so!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Brilliant. 

Although someone needs to put their hand in their pocket and buy whoever does those videos a decent **** camera

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Although someone needs to put their hand in their pocket and buy whoever does those videos a decent **** camera

Can't. FPP innit? If we don't get up we'll be filming these on a 1990's webcam. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Brilliant. 

He is always likely to do things like that.....such is his standing in the game.Snoddy is another inspired signing, don't forget West Ham got nowhere with him.

we have to build our club back with Steve Bruce as boss.

It seems to me we have now got a club.....run by reasonable and amiable people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a big time player. Anyone with the career he has had and at his age may be forgiven for cashing out and going to the MLS or Middle East. In fact, a lot of people with his career would not even perform that well at this level at this age given it's such a step down, many would give a relatively half arsed effort and collect the money. Terry however has such high standards that this is simply not possible. He has been excellent and demonstrated the sort of leadership that we've not seen in a long time at Villa. If we go up I honestly think he could do a job in the Premier League next season and I hope we do retain him.

He is a driven individual who only undertands winning.

He clearly loves the game and his love of Chelsea has to be admired, that is his measure of Loyalty......its hard to be jealous, just have total admiration of the man.

Paul McGrath loved UTD, but grew to love us too.

I think John Terry will end up the same.....We will always have place in his heart.

He is clearly loving it with us.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Was it his choice yesterday? From where I was it looked like Wolves chose to turn us around. The crowd certainly thought so!

I think it was Terry, im sure Wolves kicked off?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a big time player. Anyone with the career he has had and at his age may be forgiven for cashing out and going to the MLS or Middle East. In fact, a lot of people with his career would not even perform that well at this level at this age given it's such a step down, many would give a relatively half arsed effort and collect the money. Terry however has such high standards that this is simply not possible. He has been excellent and demonstrated the sort of leadership that we've not seen in a long time at Villa. If we go up I honestly think he could do a job in the Premier League next season and I hope we do retain him.

Whatever people may think of him personally he really is a consummate professional. 

I think he'll end up back at Chelsea though next season in some capacity, perhaps even solely as a player, particularly if we are promoted as I know he's spoken of having reservations about playing for anyone else in the PL previously. 

Â