John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He is a driven individual who only undertands winning.

He clearly loves the game and his love of Chelsea has to be admired, that is his measure of Loyalty......its hard to be jealous, just have total admiration of the man.

Paul McGrath loved UTD, but grew to love us too.

I think John Terry will end up the same.....We will always have place in his heart.

He is clearly loving it with us.

I actually think Macca grew to love us more - could Terry possibly do the same ? He is no where near as good as Macca - but he brings so much in other ways 

16 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I actually think Macca grew to love us more - could Terry possibly do the same ? He is no where near as good as Macca - but he brings so much in other ways 

Well I'm not trying to make a direct comparison....blimey, john is likely to only be with us for 12 months.....Paul is a club legend, and umpteen seasons.

I guess Paul never had the options John had either, for obvious reasons.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Although someone needs to put their hand in their pocket and buy whoever does those videos a decent **** camera

Question, remember a few months ago you was contemplating changing seats as there is someone that sits around you that always shouts abuse. Surely even he was happy yesterday?!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Question, remember a few months ago you was contemplating changing seats as there is someone that sits around you that always shouts abuse. Surely even he was happy yesterday?!

Haha good memory! They didn’t renew their season ticket this season. They still turn up for the odd game but they weren’t there yesterday. 

They were there for the Blues game though and spent most of that game moaning, so I imagine they’d have found something to be unhappy about yesterday. 

I don’t know why some people bother with football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Was it his choice yesterday? From where I was it looked like Wolves chose to turn us around. The crowd certainly thought so!

Well Wolves kicked off, so surely that means it was our choice? 

Unless I understand the rule incorrectly...

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Haha good memory! They didn’t renew their season ticket this season. They still turn up for the odd game but they weren’t there yesterday. 

They were there for the Blues game though and spent most of that game moaning, so I imagine they’d have found something to be unhappy about yesterday. 

I don’t know why some people bother with football. 

Thata lucky at least you didn't have to change your seat. Some people are never happy.

17 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

A 27 year old Terry in this day and age would be worth about 75 million easy

If van dijk can fetch £75m I think JT in his prime was far better than van dijk will ever be.

• Like 1

Still can't believe he's a Villa player in the championship.

You have to wonder how big an influence he is on the dressing room.

Bruce has the promotions but Terry has won everything in the game as a captain.

That doesn't just command respect but there'd surely be an aura of will and competency that we haven't had in abundance for some time.

Would love to see him stay at the club another year, his age is one factor, but his standards and mentality are not to be forgotten.

I know this is football, but Michael Jordan averaged something like 18-20ppg right up 'til the age of 40.

I know Terry is not the greatest of all time, especially not athletically, but he is someone who has all the winning attributes, which may extend his playing time.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

A 27 year old Terry in this day and age would be worth about 75 million easy

And the rest!

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Well Wolves kicked off, so surely that means it was our choice? 

Unless I understand the rule incorrectly...

You are correct....and Terry has made that choice several times.

18 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whatever people may think of him personally he really is a consummate professional. 

I think he'll end up back at Chelsea though next season in some capacity, perhaps even solely as a player, particularly if we are promoted as I know he's spoken of having reservations about playing for anyone else in the PL previously. 

Even if if he does go back.....i will always be grateful to him,always.

I will actually miss John.

• Like 1

Â