Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

23 hours ago, limpid said:

I don't think that's an answer to my question.

This attack was committed by a nutter.

oh, i didn't answer your question, because:

1. You didn't answer mine

2. I didn't want to be rude... your question was IMO quite ignorant and your statement that you condemn all religions equally showed that you aren't interested in knowing the answer but rather try to show that christianity and islam are the same "evil".

I'm sure that there is a lot of nutters in Poland, but we don't have such problems with terrorism. Guess why...?

1 minute ago, chakal said:

I'm sure that there is a lot of nutters in Poland, but we don't have such problems with terrorism. Guess why...?

What about Smolensk? :ph34r:

Barack Obama allowed all intel to be shared freely throughout US gov as one of his final acts. I'll assume you've all seen todays FISA release condemning same Obama. 

Personally, I find the Orwellian censorship that is being imposed in the UK to be deeply unsettling.

21 minutes ago, chakal said:

oh, i didn't answer your question, because:

1. You didn't answer mine

2. I didn't want to be rude... your question was IMO quite ignorant and your statement that you condemn all religions equally showed that you aren't interested in knowing the answer but rather try to show that christianity and islam are the same "evil".

I did answer your question - you've repeated my answer here. I'm referring to all religions, not just the two you've mentioned. I condemn any belief system which encourages people to believe in fairy stories as if they are real and then inflict them on others.

How can asking a question be ignorant?  Never mind, I'd only be asking you to defend the indefensible.

From the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It sounds like you don't have a problem yet. Perhaps you'll change your foreign policy before this type of terrorism becomes an issue for you.

Poland is a country not directly threatened by terrorist attacks. But we can not completely exclude the increased interest in Poland on the part of terrorist organisations, especially in the context of our involvement, among others, in Afghanistan.

An arrest made in connection in Nuneaton. Well damn. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the arrest was made on or close to the road I grew up on. Rev and other Nuneaton VTers will know to which road I refer. 

I've just read where it was alleged to have been - it isn't where I feared thank goodness, although still not that far away (and a stones throw from my second family home). I have a lot of respect for that community, and would hate that the actions/involvement of one (?) would tarnish them all.

There have been well documented tensions and clashes over the years in our town and I hope the eejits don't come out in force following this. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

This is getting beyond belief now. The New York Times has published a story about technical details of the bomb used and forensic evidence gathered, including photos! 

Someone in the US Gov is giving  UK the massive finger and still leaking secret info to the US press that they are getting through peer to peer exchanges with London.

This after US officials guaranteed London the leaks would stop. This is unprecedented and suggests that it is either:

deliberate US policy to cause an intelligence breach with the UK (nonsensical);

no one is actually in charge over there and they're all doing whatever they please without a care (possible);

this is internal politics within the US Int Community being played out at the UK's expense. 

Whatever it is we need to stop briefing them for a while because for whatever reason they clearly cannot be trusted at the moment.  

Edit: a previously unthinkable thing to say. 

With special friends like this who needs enemies....

Utterly appalling actions from the US administration and/or agencies.

The information they are reporting is beyond belief at this stage.

We simply cannot continue to share information with our supposed closest ally.

Just disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I can't stop this about the victims. Its brought me to tears that anyone could do this to innocent children.

Of course, these horrors happen all over the world but it's real when it happens at home. It's affected more than I expected.

I've had to take myself away from it a bit today, it's heartbreaking seeing the victims being named and reading their stories. So many lives have been ruined.

You're right though, these things happen all over the world so I don't really know why it upsets us more when it's close to home, but it does.

Maybe it's because we can place ourselves in the situation a little easier.  For me it's so easy to imagine one of these children being my niece or one of my nephews. Saying that, I can't even begin to imagine what the families are going through, my heart goes out to them.

• Like 2

@Awol, honest question- how do you know the NY Times source is US intel?

Edit- NVM, I'm up to date. Really embarrassing for the United States. If it's someone trying to undermine Trump, they've only managed to undermine good relations with our top ally, unless the leaks are coming from within the White House, which is unlikely. 

Just sad and pathetic. And if I were you I'd be pretty offended too. Hell, I am offended by it. So unnecessary, so lazy.

Edited by maqroll

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

@Awol, honest question- how do you know the NY Times source is US intel?

Mainly the fact that everyone over here from the Home Secretary to the Greater Manchester Police are going ape about the US intel community leaking highly sensitive details about the incident, the ongoing operation and forensic evidence (potentially compromising future criminal trials) to the US press. 

Our side isn't leaking to the US press (why would they?) and the only people on your side who have the info are the FBI, CIA and via them the White House.

Possible it could be the WH leaking, but whoever is responsible is doing material damage to the UK-US relationship, and it's starting to feel like that is the objective. Who benefits? Anti-NATO Russia fans, maybe?

Edit: sorry just read your edit! 

Edited by Awol

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Just watching cricket. Imagine wanting to deport Moeen Ali.

I agree with your sentiment, but would just like to note that Moeen Ali is from Birmingham.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The US can't afford falling out with us it's oldest ally.

Strongest? Probably.

Oldest? Not so much. Given France supported the USA financially and militarily when they were fighting for their independence from us it's a pretty big stretch to claim we're their "oldest ally".

Although to be completed accurate the longest unbroken treaty relationship that the USA has is with Morocco.

The Beeb reporting:

BBC News has been told that police in the UK have stopped sharing information about the Manchester bombing investigation with law enforcement agencies in the United States, because of a series of leaks thought to have come from the American intelligence community.

Â