Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I really do hope that it's not someone in the US who has agenda against trump doing this, as that is a very dangerous game. The US can't afford falling out with us it's oldest ally.

Unless of course the leak wasn't from within the US or the UK. I think at this point we should just operationally assume there are spies at the highest levels of government, working various ends. But if it is someone at the CIA who has been waiting to **** with Trump, they've really messed up. But it's almost too obvious a move. (within the context of the investigation against Trump). It actually could be from the White House, it's a pure propaganda move either way. Trump was only effective politically because he's been spending against his TV persona. In international politics, he's drowning in the deep end, but he's got people at home, sourrounding him, who would think of this angle, as a way to discredit our own IC. Anything seems possible right now :unsure:

Edited by maqroll

Was it not the French who released the name of the bomber first? Sure I saw Sky News report it as 'we're hearing from the French that the bomber's name is...' As much of an own goal the US situation is right now, I don't think the problems are all theirs.

And of course, it's all very well 'Rudd' coming out and saying how irritated she is. Perhaps when the dust has settled, it might actually be someone from this country that forgot to put the 'don't tell the papers' tag on anything they shared.

31 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Was it not the French who released the name of the bomber first? Sure I saw Sky News report it as 'we're hearing from the French that the bomber's name is...' As much of an own goal the US situation is right now, I don't think the problems are all theirs.

And of course, it's all very well 'Rudd' coming out and saying how irritated she is. Perhaps when the dust has settled, it might actually be someone from this country that forgot to put the 'don't tell the papers' tag on anything they shared.

No the French leaked the ISIS connection / possible visit to Syria. Vast majority of UK classified info is being leaked from US. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hogso said:

An arrest made in connection in Nuneaton. Well damn. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the arrest was made on or close to the road I grew up on. Rev and other Nuneaton VTers will know to which road I refer. 

I've just read where it was alleged to have been - it isn't where I feared thank goodness, although still not that far away (and a stones throw from my second family home). I have a lot of respect for that community, and would hate that the actions/involvement of one (?) would tarnish them all.

There have been well documented tensions and clashes over the years in our town and I hope the eejits don't come out in force following this. 

Countess Road, apparently. While it's shocking that something like that can happen in your own back yard, I have say that with Nuneaton being targeted by the Bnp it always seemed like a matter of time. Hate breeds hate.

Edited by Villanun

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What's going on?

I think he is referring to this

The Guardian newspaper reported in February that no fewer than 16 people from a two-and-a-half mile radius in that area had either died fighting with jihadist groups, or been convicted of terrorism offenses. Six of those individuals came from within just one mile of the Moss Side neighborhood where another infamous resident lived. 

I read that on another site, I'm not sure how reliable or true it is though 

5 hours ago, Awol said:

Mainly the fact that everyone over here from the Home Secretary to the Greater Manchester Police are going ape about the US intel community leaking highly sensitive details about the incident, the ongoing operation and forensic evidence (potentially compromising future criminal trials) to the US press. 

Our side isn't leaking to the US press (why would they?) and the only people on your side who have the info are the FBI, CIA and via them the White House.

Possible it could be the WH leaking, but whoever is responsible is doing material damage to the UK-US relationship, and it's starting to feel like that is the objective. Who benefits? Anti-NATO Russia fans, maybe?

Edit: sorry just read your edit! 

This isn't new though, they did the same after the 7/7 attack in London. I'm not sure if it's stupidity or arrogance, most likely it's a bit of both.

The British government operated an "open door" policy that allowed Libyan exiles and British-Libyan citizens to join the 2011 uprising that toppled Muammar Gaddafi even though some had been subject to counter-terrorism control orders, Middle East Eye can reveal.

Several former rebel fighters now back in the UK told MEE that they had been able to travel to Libya with "no questions asked" as authorities continued to investigate the background of a British-Libyan suicide bomber who killed 22 people in Monday's attack in Manchester.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/sorted-mi5-how-uk-government-sent-british-libyans-fight-gaddafi-1219906488

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jon_c said:

We don't need to share Intel with the US anymore, if they have anything we want to know, we can just bug Mar a Lago, or just goad Trump into telling us. 

It'd be a golden shower of information.

• Like 3

Â