Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

The acts of our governments do not always represent the wishes of our people. A terrorist bomber attacks the wrong people. Those kids don't even have a vote and probably couldn't give a toss about politics. The same could of course be said for the innocent Muslim children blown and shot to pieces in the so-called war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Tony Blair got a lot of praise for helping sort out the peace process in Ireland. He has replaced the threat of the IRA with a sicker, more evil and secretive terror that, for me, will remain longer than the threat of the IRA. Why, because these people are fanatical about their religion. The Irish had other reasons for blowing us up. The Muslim fanaticists will be killing our great grandchildren unless something is done to eradicate this hatred. 

Personally, I think it's about time the UK government took Tony Blair into custody and charged him with war crimes. They should then hand him over to a Muslim run state for execution. Maybe then the killing our children will stop. 

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

if non-Muslims should be trying to understand if there is a connection between systematic and state-backed Western aggression in Muslim countries and isolated Muslim aggression in Western counties.

Saudi Arabia says hi.

Edited by av1

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Personally, I think it's about time the UK government took Tony Blair into custody and charged him with war crimes. They should then hand him over to a Muslim run state for execution. Maybe then the killing our children will stop

:crylaugh:

Edited by av1

57 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Tony Blair got a lot of praise for helping sort out the peace process in Ireland. He has replaced the threat of the IRA with a sicker, more evil and secretive terror that, for me, will remain longer than the threat of the IRA.

Off topic but Major brought the Irish to the table and should get the majority of the credit. But he doesn't because Blair was PM when the papers were signed and is a smug, PR-savvy bar-steward.

• Like 3

Further to my prior post in regards to the arrest in Nuneaton, a rather curious story has come out in the local news over the last 24 hours. It involves the meeting between a Nuneaton man, of the Rastafarian faith, and a chance meeting with three young men in a Nuneaton park (I presume Fife Street rec based on the location of the arrest), one of whom is alledged to be the suicide bomber.

Mr Nyamhdzadza says he bumped into Abedi in February after he went looking for his dog Django.

"I'd lost my dog in the park near my home and was asking people if they'd seen him. There were these three guys by the basketball court. I went to them and said 'have you seen my dog running round here?' One then said 'Yes, I've seen him running around up and down the park a couple times'. Eventually Django saw me and came back, but I started talking to them and got chatting together.

One of the guys started a conversation about religion, and the differences in our religions. There were two younger ones, 18, 19, and a bigger skinny one. They were telling me how they all came from Libya. I told them I was from Zimbabwe. They were very curious about me.

One of the younger ones pointed at my head and asked me 'what do you call this?' I said it was a turban, and they started asking me why I was wearing it. I said that I was a Rastafarian, and they were asking about what it means. I told them that it meant not eating meat, and the things that it involves. They started to tell me about Islam, and we were sharing for about 40 minutes.

When I was speaking with the other ones, the bigger person was not speaking in English. I could tell straightaway that he didn't like me. He was aggressive and kept talking rapidly in a different language. His friends kept saying 'oh leave him alone, he is alright', but he was angry. You can sense sometimes when a person doesn't like you, and I could tell.

He wasn't speaking in English, I could tell that he could speak English but we was talking in another language. He had a very red face, his cheeks were puffing out and he was not happy. His eyes were big as well, looking straight at me. I had said nothing to him then, so I don't know why he was being like that to me.

I thought that there must have been something wrong with him, it was unnatural. At one point he made a quick movement towards me and I thought he was going to hit me across the face. He didn't like that his friends were talking with someone like me. Eventually he was calmed down, but I was thinking 'what, is he going to kill me or something?' I thought he was going to fight me.

Obviously it's scary thinking about someone you don't know trying to attack you. When I saw him today in the paper I said 'this is the man I saw! It looks exactly the same as him. I am 100 per cent sure it was Abedi. He was so weird that day, in his tracksuit shouting at me, he was so full of rage."

I suppose you could say that Django was quite literally unchained.

If this was indeed Abedi, perhaps he had spent time with the family who had been granted asylum and were living in Nuneaton. Perhaps his father and this man were friends.

Edited by hogso

Sorry if this has already been posted, haven't read the whole thread.

It also appears some members of the local community had warned the police or other authorities about Abedi more than once in the last year.

• Like 2

What people seem to forget is that Islam is a much younger religion than Christianity. If you compare timelines Islam was founded around 700 years after Christianity. Deduct 700 years from our (read Western Christianity) history we were bang smack in the middle of the worst period that Christianity unleashed on the world. The 12-1300’s had crusades (aka Jihad), the start of the principles of inquisition (Sharia Law – just Christian), the burning of scientific evidence, imprisonment and slaughter of people with “pagan” religions and different viewpoints to the Church. Sound familiar? The French persecuted Huguenots and Protestants as late as the 1700’s. Religions have had a problem since the first one was invented – this isn’t a problem unique only to Islam.

There are groupings in Islam that are persecuted by other Muslims. A great example is the Ahmadi branch of Islam that is not even considered Muslim by some of the big Muslim states in the world. Citing “Islam” as one religion is like saying Judaism and Christianity is the same.

The more traditional branches of Islam have a problem with a very small minority in their religions – but at the same time we shouldn’t be apologetic to this problem. It is a problem – people like Lily Allen and Katy Perry can cry all they like on TV but if either of these ladies went to Syria or Iran with their acts they’d have a very different tune to them entirely.

The West bombing countries like Syria might be a bit of an excuse to some, sure. But why on earth aren’t the same people complaining about Muslims bombing Muslims in the same areas? The West need to admit to the fact that radical Muslim, Christian, Hindu, flying spaghetti monster or whatever is a problem. It isn’t “business as usual” Theresa. At the same time people need to stop trying to find excuses for people who do disgusting acts like this. For once I thought what Trump said in his speech about this was right. The people who murder kids specifically to make a point are losers we need to stop trying to analyse why nut cases do things like this and start doing something about it. Calling someone like this a monster does exactly what they want. We shouldn’t employ the language of strength to describe an absolute scum like him. Why on earth did no one in our security apparatus do anything about this when the terrorist’s own mother reported him?

Also, people trying to make a political point about this need to back off. Theresa May has nothing to do with how we react to terrorism, these mandates were put in place long before she got to power. The left need to back off with their victimisation of radical Muslims. Radical anything isn’t a victim – they’re nutcases. The right need to stop demagoguing in the news about how this is all because of all Muslims. Katie Hopkins shouldn’t be listened to, just like Lily Allen shouldn’t be listened to. It doesn’t matter what side of the spectrum you are coming from – no sane person tries to score points politically with something like this.

• Like 1

Shit source, but.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/manchester-arena-bomber-salman-abedi-10498466

The Manchester Arena bomber was banned from a city mosque after accusing an Imam of "talking b*****ks" during an anti-ISIS sermon, it is claimed.

Salman Abedi, 22, walked into the arena and detonated an IED on Monday night, killing 22 people, including children as young as eight.

Victims were leaving an Ariana Grande concert when the university dropout blew himself to pieces with the device, packed with nuts and bolts.

Before the terror attack, Abedi had allegedly been reported to authorities at least five times over his extremist views, but they failed to stop him.

Now, it has been claimed that he was previously banned from a Manchester mosque after criticising the Imam during a sermon against the Islamic State.

The terrorist, whose parents are of Libyan origin, stood up before declaring: "You are talking b*****ks", according to local Akram Ramadan.

Mr Ramadan, 49, part of the close-knit Libyan community in south Manchester, said the incident unfolded at Didsbury Mosque.

"There was a sermon about anti- Daesh (IS) and he stood up and started calling the Imam - 'You are talking b*****ks," he said.

"And he gave a good stare, a threatening stare into the Imam's eyes,

"He was banned."

Mr Ramadan lived in the flat above Abedi's older brother, Ismail, who has since been arrested by police in Chorlton, Manchester.

Sheikh Mohammed Saeed had previously described how Abedi showed him "the face of hate" after he spoke against ISIS at the mosque.

"He showed me the face of hate, Salman, after that sermon," he told The Times.

"He used to show me the face of hate. I could tell this person hates me. You understand, it's no surprise to me [that he was the attacker]."

Security services were repeatedly warned about Abedi over his extremist views before Monday's attack, sources told the Daily Telegraph.

However, despite the alleged warnings, they failed to stop him.

Two members of the public called a special anti-terrorist hotline to report the ISIS-linked killer’s horrific views, The Mirror reported.

One community worker said two people who knew Abedi at college made separate calls to the police begging them to take action.

He said: “All of the publicity is about Muslims not coming forward and this shows that they are coming forward and expressing their concerns.”

What the ****? 

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's staggering really. How many people had to report this guy before anyone gave a toss? Even is mother reported him.. Whoever decided he wasn't a threat needs to be sacked on the spot - no excuses.

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Its actually interesting this same Mosque in Didsbury was raised on Question Time yesterday and a woman who goes there denied it

The plot thickens

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Chindie said:

It's telling that the May related headlines this morning all boiled down to 'give me more power over the net'.

Her reaction to everything is power grab. 

More power on the web, soldiers on the streets, yet she wants to cut police numbers to the bare minimum.

She comes across as a tin-pot military authoritarian every day.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

More power on the web, soldiers on the streets, yet she wants to cut police numbers to the bare minimum.

She comes across as a tin-pot military authoritarian every day.

The soldiers are just replacing the Police numbers that have been cut over the years. 

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

The soldiers are just replacing the Police numbers that have been cut over the years. 

... Which they shouldn't be doing.

soldiers aren't police

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

... Which they shouldn't be doing.

soldiers aren't police

Exactly

It is scandalous the amount of cuts that have happened over the years.

Â