Manchester Arena Explosion

OutByEaster?

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Stopping in bed on 2nd July seems like a plan.

Or we could show these terrorist arseholes that we're not giving into them? That we won't let them win?

That's what I'll be doing.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Or we could show these terrorist arseholes that we're not giving into them? That we won't let them win?

Irony never works on an internet forum does it.

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Glad you decided to go see Ed. You got much of his stuff?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jon_c said:

I agree with your sentiment, but would just like to note that Moeen Ali is from Birmingham.

I know. My dad and his dad were very close friends and even sort of related.  Doesn't mean the yobs on social media don't want to deport him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coda said:

Moss Side looking like jihadi central at the moment.

Been reading about moss side today and how's it's changed into a mainly Muslim area. I'm afraid in these mainly Muslim areas you are always going to get a few who support or partake in terrorism. It's supposedly been a problem in certain areas of south Manchester for a while now.

Story about the guy arrested in Nuneaton here from earlier this month on the Cov telegraph. Nothing to do with terrorism - he was working in Libya and had his legs shot up during a failed kidnap attempt, then his family came over having sought asylum. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think the Muslim world are split on whether this has anything to do with Islam or not, and also if the Muslim world should be doing more. 

50/50 split?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Been reading about moss side today and how's it's changed into a mainly Muslim area. I'm afraid in these mainly Muslim areas you are always going to get a few who support or partake in terrorism. It's supposedly been a problem in certain areas of south Manchester for a while now.

Where have you read that? Until mid-2014 I lived a few mins drive from Moss Side, and drove through it on my way to work.  I lived in South Manchester from 2010 until then, and moved to Stockport/South Manchester border early last year.

There's no way Moss Side is mainly Muslim. It's such a melting pot.  There are a couple of spots that are pretty Muslim heavy, but there are also spots that are Afro-Caribbean and others that are white.  The place is absolutely massive.  It's got roughly the same population as the Vale, but seems bigger and more spread out.

Sounds to me like whatever you read was sensationalist bollocks, but my evidence is anecdotal so I'm open to being wrong.

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think the Muslim world are split on whether this has anything to do with Islam or not, and also if the Muslim world should be doing more. 

Hey, thanks for sharing that.

I was wondering whether someone killing children in revenge for Muslim children being killed might have anything to do with either Islam or Western imperialism, but I really couldn't figure it out.

I also didn't know whether Muslims should be expressing disapproval of these murders, or if non-Muslims should be trying to understand if there is a connection between systematic and state-backed Western aggression in Muslim countries and isolated Muslim aggression in Western counties.

I guess it's all unknowable, yeah?

Â