Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How strange.

Won't fit in, won't learn the language, will play half a dozen games before he comes back in January.

He didn't play much at Reading did he, don't remember him figuring in the play offs.

Another one I think got massively overhyped because he looked good on his debut.

The chelsea player Hector actually played a decent amount at Frankfurt this season so I do think he will get games.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I like that he is going, shows that he is willing to learn new cultures and experiences. More English players should go abroad 

I agree but it just never seems to end well when us Brits go abroad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I like that he is going, shows that he is willing to learn new cultures and experiences. More English players should go abroad 

Not just football players that would benefit from time abroad whilst young, I think most young people should try it.

I spent a year in Sweden whilst at uni, saw another culture and way of life and made life long friends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree but it just never seems to end well when us Brits go abroad.

Didn't Ian Rush say "it was like living in a foreign country" and he didn't like the food.  About living in Italy.

Didn't like the food. In Italy.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

One of the strongest current English midfielders Eric Dier grew up in Portugal and even stayed at Sporting Lisbon's academy after his family moved back to the UK.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't Ian Rush say "it was like living in a foreign country" and he didn't like the food.  About living in Italy.

Yes Ian. Italy was like living in a foreign country.  Footballers eh?

Robbie Keane went on to have a pretty good career even thou he was a flop at Inter.

Think he learned a lot during that short stint. And he got to play alongside Pirlo, Seedorf, Recoba, Di Biagio, Ronaldo, Vieri, Zamorano, Sukur, Jugovic, Blanc, Zanetti...

More British players should play abroad rather than sticking around here in the "best league in the world". The England team will benefit greatly from it as well. As long as Oxford knuckles down and doesn't get homesick it could he a fantastic move for him. In fact, more young players should do it for the good of their careers, rather than looking to cash out on the first professional contract and never live up to the 'hype'.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't Ian Rush say "it was like living in a foreign country"

I think that is an urban myth

On 2017-6-20 at 01:22, TheAuthority said:

Bless him. Never comes across as if he's got much upstairs !

A bit of me always felt he was only sold to juve as some kind of apology for heysel. The transfer didnt seem to make any sense otherwise; not to me anyway :wacko: