Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

His agent has said that he will stay in Europe 100%.

I can see him staying at United uncontracted to get back fit and then they probably offering him a deal to the end of the season.

On 10/06/2017 at 18:58, Zatman said:

I assume they havent checked his record, he isnt that special for the price

I think we need to all but ignore the price given the world we live in, and the price English clubs must pay.  Value for money is a pointless and subjective benchmark any way.  It's what he does on the pitch that matters. What I would say is it's slightly curious the relatively small amount of football he has played.  According to wiki it's 126 games (not including Real Madrid II) and 40 goals scored as a 24 year old.  Not prolific but not bad for someone who, by definition, is in and out of sides and therefore not able to build up a head of steam.  I don't know enough about him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did well as soon as he got a run of fixtures.

On 11/06/2017 at 12:24, Zatman said:

the funny thing is Gnabry couldnt get a game for West Brom 2 years ago under Pulis :lol:

I just cannot understand if you have a young talented player why you would send him to work with Pulis.
Wenger has failed so many talented youngsters over the years.

Regarding Serge Gnabry.  2 years ago he was 19.  You do a huge amount of progressing from 19 to 21 as a footballer so I don't see it as particularly damning of Tony Pulis if a 19 year old couldn't get into what was a physical outfit.  Fair play to him though.  By any barometer, going from Brom's bench to Bayern Munich's squad in what will be 3 years (he's 22 in July) is a hell of a leap.

It's also another example in a long line of examples of Arsene Wenger's ability to spot talent, and then consistently fail to reap the rewards.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Regarding Serge Gnabry.  2 years ago he was 19.  You do a huge amount of progressing from 19 to 21 as a footballer so I don't see it as particularly damning of Tony Pulis if a 19 year old couldn't get into what was a physical outfit.  Fair play to him though.  By any barometer, going from Brom's bench to Bayern Munich's squad in what will be 3 years (he's 22 in July) is a hell of a leap.

It's also another example in a long line of examples of Arsene Wenger's ability to spot talent, and then consistently fail to reap the rewards.

Tough one really.  Gnabry wanted first team football and wasn't getting it at Arsenal.  From memory, he rejected their new contract offer so they were basically forced to sell.

Will he get first team football at Bayern now, or has he just chased dolla?

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Gnabry wanted first team football and wasn't getting it at Arsenal.  From memory, he rejected their new contract offer so they were basically forced to sell.

Well then given the long line of examples, their model isn't working properly.  But we knew that already.  They're a nursery for the better clubs.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well then given the long line of examples, their model isn't working properly.  But we knew that already.  They're a nursery for the better clubs.

Maybe so.  They probably don't pay their youth players "enough" and should instead do this and hoard talent like Chelsea, rather than letting players go and better their career.

**** Arsenal, what rocket polishers.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Maybe so.  They probably don't pay their youth players "enough" and should instead do this and hoard talent like Chelsea, rather than letting players go and better their career.

**** Arsenal, what rocket polishers.

To be fair, there was a time when they did... back in the days of Cesc the rumour was Arsenel paid the very best contracts going for youth players but I am not sure how they compare nowadays. Just like everything they probably don't compete.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Tough one really.  Gnabry wanted first team football and wasn't getting it at Arsenal.  From memory, he rejected their new contract offer so they were basically forced to sell.

Will he get first team football at Bayern now, or has he just chased dolla?

I think he'll play a fair bit. Ribery and Robben are getting on (although Robben seems better now than in his mid 20s) and Douglas Costa will probably be sold so imagine they'll be rotation and he'll get decent minutes even if he isn't first choice.

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Pickford to Everton for £30m doing the rounds. That's a lot of money for a relatively inexperienced keeper. 

I think he's worth it.  Especially in this market.