Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's sad. Is this what we're aspiring to get promoted to? 

my thoughts exactly

said it to a few non villa supporting mates and of course its only because we're shit and in the championship but i dont see how fans other clubs can enjoy seeing their teams spend £100-200m in an attempt to finish 9th and think that its enjoyable

• Like 2

I genuinely couldn't give a toss if we get promoted or not. I know that must look like it's easy to say but not really true, but it is. 

In fact, if anything, I enjoyed last season more than I had in years. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I genuinely couldn't give a toss if we get promoted or not. I know that must look like it's easy to say but not really true, but it is. 

Im not sure I don't give a toss........but last season was enjoyable yes. I guess it depends on how you see things but there are a lot of distinguished football clubs in the Championship and to be honest I don't look at Bournemouth or Watford in the same way that I look at Say Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday!

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I would rather be in the mid nineties again.

Those were the days :)

Hardcore and skate punk at it's best, death metal still going strong.

Sweden winning the Bronze at the  94 World Cup in the US of A, IFK Gothenburg beating Man U, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern... in the Champions League. Villas last title and the teams I played for won the league 2 years straight.

Good times :hooray:

And a mediocre Chelsea reserve didn't cost as much as a small countries annual health care budget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

my thoughts exactly

said it to a few non villa supporting mates and of course its only because we're shit and in the championship but i dont see how fans other clubs can enjoy seeing their teams spend £100-200m in an attempt to finish 9th and think that its enjoyable

I've been saying the same and been getting the same response :lol:

If all the best players were being bought with all that money it would actually be exciting, but instead it's Michael Keanes and Virgil van Dijks going around for premium fees.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

deulofeu gone back to barca as they activated his buy back clause

barca really do have a problem with the size of their squad

Which is why I hate starting a Master League/FM save with them. Apart from their first XI, they have almost nothing. They're going to have a huge rebuild job on their hands in a couple of years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's sad. Is this what we're aspiring to get promoted to? 

Teams can still finish top half without spending stupid amounts, see Southampton and West Brom. Our history comes from constant top flight football so we need to get back there quickly even if you dislike how the premier league goes about things.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I find this viewpoint surprising. How many games did you see live Hanoi last year?

We hardly won away and most of our home games were as dull as dishwater which is embarrassing at this level considering our financial strength. I genuinely can't remember a memorable home game from last whereas even in our car crash prem seasons we had enjoyable wins over Man. City,Arsenal, Chelsea,Liverpool etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think I am heading in the same direction

I look at the Premier League now and it repulses me! 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Which is why I hate starting a Master League/FM save with them. Apart from their first XI, they have almost nothing. They're going to have a huge rebuild job on their hands in a couple of years.

I'm doing a FM save with them now, doesn't help that the front 3 take home £1.5m a week in wages and about £500k a week in bonuses

in the next 5 years messi, Suarez, mascherano, busquets, iniesta and pique could all retire, as well as Matthieu and Turan who shouldn't be there anyway

samper, deulofeu and munir done nothing to show they'll be decent players there next year, there's next to nothing in the B team (they have at least been promoted) Denis Suarez is the only player in the U21s they only have 1 player in the U19s too