Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

48 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

£30m for Pickford!? Mental! I remember watching him play for Darlington, against York City. No way did I think I was watching a £30m goalkeeper.

He did this against Telford while playing for Darlington,

• Like 1

This is the worry now of being in the premier league. You have tp apend 70-80m just to keep up. What the hell 30m for pickford? Thats great news for Sunderland and a welcome boost for signings 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is the worry now of being in the premier league. You have tp apend 70-80m just to keep up. What the hell 30m for pickford? Thats great news for Sunderland and a welcome boost for signings 

it really isnt, the worry is that we have a naive team at the top who think PL success is bought with overpriced english talent who are premier league ready rather than requiring time and coaching

scouting has to be better, seen nothing yet from our transfer policy to suggest it is, youth set up has to be better

• Like 1

Transfer fees at Premier League are meaningless now. They're just standing on a beach arguing about how much sand to give to one another. 

In this instance Sunderland now have a fuckton of sand. If we don't progress next season we could do worse than focusing on having a set-up that allows us to find players to develop and sell into the Premier League for these made-up sums. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

Transfer fees at Premier League are meaningless now. They're just standing on a beach arguing about how much sand to give to one another.

:clap: Good analogy.

The Pickford deal is supposedly 15mil up front and then the rest in add-ons and bonus clauses. That reads as much more reasonable that 30mil. I'm always worried about keepers coming from rubbish teams with amazing save per game ratios as it can be easy to look good when the defenders are rubbish. It'll be interesting to see how he develops. I wonder where poor ol Joe Hart will end up now... a relegation battle would suit him well. 

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Harry Maguire going to Leicester for £17m. A right footed Nathan Baker.

Disagree, has much more to his game as he can actually pass a ball.

Actually became one of my favourite prem players last season. He has a bit more to his game than the average kick it head it British centre half so interested to see how he develops. Probably better in a back 3 from what I saw at Hull.

Leicester finally doing what they should have last summer and replacing Huth and Morgan. They've had a 10m bid rejected for Jonny Evans aswell, him and Maguire would be a good combination.

Are people really not going to start investigating Chelsea and now City's outgoing transfer dealings?

Seriously?!?

It's getting to the point now I expect them to sign a 45 year old NI journmeymen pro and sell them on for £20m the following year.

meelans new owners arent messing about, andre silva for £35m, i think they still need a top striker but they'll be better next season thats for sure

tolisso to bayern, he's gone under the radar a bit thanks to monaco's star studded young french players but thats a decent signing, similar to kimmich in that he can play DMC, CM or RB, dunno if he is lahms replacement

everton with strong links to m'baye niang for £15m (:lol:) and davy klaasen for north of £20m

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Sounds like they'll be making a push for promotion this season?

Looks like they might be trying.  Although we know throwing money at something doesn't guarantee anything :)

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

Looks like they might be trying.  Although we know throwing money at something doesn't guarantee anything :)

Well of course :)  I think it would be wrong to assume they'll be as shit as they were last season, though.  I'd rather not have tougher teams to beat this time round :(