Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

On 6/20/2017 at 02:22, TheAuthority said:

Didn't Ian Rush say "it was like living in a foreign country" and he didn't like the food.  About living in Italy.

Didn't like the food. In Italy.

Ex IFK Gothenburg and Sweden great Johnny Ekström was asked about language skills before his move to Empoli back in 1986 and replied:

"I don't speak any Italian, I don't even know what Spaghetti is called"

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As I've said before I wonder if Klopp will play him through the middle as a false 9. Interesting transfer as obviously we didn't see his best at Chelsea.

Sorry didn't see your post Chris. Its hard to know. surely Mane or Firminho will play as a no.9. Hard to see how he can fit Salah, Lallana and Coutinho into the side as well well as those two. He needs a squad I guess. 

Brilliant signing for Watford, such a technically brilliant player and now is the time for him to kick on. Good that he's joined a club where he has the chance to play, and could thrive under Silva.

Big decision by Rowett to sell him too, seems he had the final say and Derby fans aren't too happy, but it's strong management.

• Like 1

Hughes has done things correctly IMO. Basically has four full seasons of professional football under his belt and has joined a top flight side where he really ought to be a regular. Better than cashing out earlier on in his career and potentially being a bench warmer and not develop. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hughes has done things correctly IMO. Basically has four full seasons of professional football under his belt and has joined a top flight side where he really ought to be a regular. Better than cashing out earlier on in his career and potentially being a bench warmer and not develop. 

I agree, hes a talented player and the next step was a lower Premier League side 

I still cant believe he is only 22. thought he was hype until actually watched him and he is a fine player. 

Arsenal could have done worse as for me he is better than Wilshire but as mentioned prob not good for his development

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed, to be fair to the lad, he's gone somewhere where he will play regularly and that is to be admired. 

Private school educated lad aye ee? Spakes with a plum in his mouth, not loike us thickies.

Nathan Ake priced at £20m, Sigurdsson 'valued' at £40m, Naby Keita to cost Liverpool up to £70m. Jesus **** christ, what an absolute state English football is in, and guess what, it's less entertaining than it was 20+ years ago.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Liverpool have rejected an £11m bid from Italian side Napoli for Alberto Moreno - and will demand £15m for the Spanish defender.

Moreno, 24, is also wanted by former club Sevilla in La Liga, while Serie A giants AC Milan and Inter Milan have expressed an interest in the left-back.

Liverpool will insist on £30m for France defender Mamadou Sakho, who had a spell at Crystal Palace last term.

And winger Lazar Markovic is a target for Watford and Zenit St Petersburg.

Moreno was displaced at left-back by James Milner last season but Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is in no hurry to sell the player, although Moreno may also want more first-team football at this stage of his career.

The Anfield club are confident they will get their full asking price for Sakho, 27, given the current market for centre-backs and the player's successful loan spell at Premier League rivals Palace last season.

Serbia winger Markovic is another player unlikely to be in Klopp's plans, especially following the addition of £34m forward Mohamed Salah from Roma.

New Watford manager Marco Silva may make a move for the 23-year-old, who joined Liverpool from Benfica in a £20m deal three years ago, after being impressed with Markovic during a loan spell at Hull City last season.

Russian side Zenit have also shown an interest in Markovic, who has had loan spells at Fenerbahce and Sporting Lisbon.

It really is a golden age to be a PL club, even your shittest buys that before you would have accepted a £7m loss on you can hold out and demand a profit.
I only wished we had hung on for a few more years with the bunch we had under Lambert. We would have been shifting Weimann for £15m, Sylla for £8m and Tonev for £6m.

If only Lerner and his boys had the foresight to see this, we have have speculated to accumulate, horded a bit of talent and then made back **** MILLIONS.

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nathan Ake priced at £20m, Sigurdsson 'valued' at £40m, Naby Keita to cost Liverpool up to £70m. Jesus **** christ, what an absolute state English football is in, and guess what, it's less entertaining than it was 20+ years ago.

Far far less entertaining. 

Players know can become ridiculously wealthy nowadays by being bang average so where is the desire to be the very best you can be? There is just not the overall quality of players now that there was 15-20 years ago IMO. There might be a bit of rose tinted spectacles but I stand by my view. 

I read Chelsea are looking to spend £60m on Sandro to provide 'competition' at left back. Madness. 

• Like 1