Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

In part, because we're a Championship club.  Xia seems to (perhaps?) want to run the football club fairly efficiently.  He doesn't mind putting money in, but he's not going to dump £200m on us for no reason.  There's very little exposure to his other (massively unknown) entities to gain by sponsoring a Championship team.

(As an aside, I think points deductions will absolutely happen and especially in the Championship.  Teams can afford (with TV money from Premier League) any fines that would be imposed in they got promoted and the EFL won't want to be seen as a mockery again in this regard (as with Leicester, Bournemouth, Q.P.R).  I can see a scenario where they'll punish a teams' overspending by docking them points and denying promotion.)

And knowing 'Aston Villa luck,' you just know that first example is likely to be us because we're the biggest fish in the division. Good for EFL for us to stay down.

55 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Interesting insight if true. Dr Tony inboxed this person telling them to tweet the pic according to this picture. Or again, could be a very elaborate wum!

I'm going with wum. Font on name is wrong and pic not laid out same as other signings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

I'm going with wum. Font on name is wrong and pic not laid out same as other signings.

I hope so. Seems very elaborate to be a wum though! 

Onomah is done apparently and will be announced today. That's a cracking signing. Always liked what I've seen of him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Did he score that unfeasibly cheeky volley goal at VP for Wigan against us one year? When they were playing in a kind of grey and yellow kit of some sort?

Yep. It was a fantastic goal. Not sure if he's still capable of those moments of magic. 

On 31/07/2017 at 19:55, skarroki said:

There are plenty of very talented attacking midfielders at the top English clubs who we should be trying to bring in. Nathan at Chelsea, Pereira at Man Utd, Toral at Arsenal, Onomah at Spurs, Calvert-Lewin at Everton, presumably someone I've forgotten at Liverpool. 

These players will undoubtedly improve our starting line up and we're the biggest club, with the most well-regarded managers, in the championship. With the news of Grealish I would be shocked if we don't bring in someone over the next week or 2, hopefully one of these in a loan deal till January, potential to extend. 

Well I couldn't have asked for a better transfer week to happen if the rumours are true, I thought I had been too specific in what I predicted. 

Onomah is a kid that is going places and he will be hard to get out the starting line up once given a chance. If we get him into the club he could really make the difference this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who is this Onomah, what does he do, where does he play, what's his life story?

He's an attacking midfielder on the fringes of the spurs first team. Young English lad, he's another copying the Amavi/Tshibola trend of hairstyle too. 

Pochettino seems to rate him very highly and to be honest I didn't think he'd be loaned out as I think he has a part to play in their squad, but maybe regular football or a potential transfer for Spurs has swayed it. 

Obligatory YouTube clip. 

• Like 1