Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

16 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's an attacking midfielder on the fringes of the spurs first team. Young English lad, he's another copying the Amavi/Tshibola trend of hairstyle too. 

Pochettino seems to rate him very highly and to be honest I didn't think he'd be loaned out as I think he has a part to play in their squad, but maybe regular football or a potential transfer for Spurs has swayed it. 

Obligatory YouTube clip. 

Could he play in the role we had pegged for Grealish this year? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who is this Onomah, what does he do, where does he play, what's his life story?

I didn't know either but apparently a massive prospect, and Pottychino very reluctant to let him out. Will improve us, that is for sure. Great squad now. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Rodallega is utter garbage.

Maybe so - but we seem to have an ambundance of strikers that can't score goals.  I can't believe he will any worse than Hogan - and is probably Mccormacks replacement.

Firstly, I hope it doesn't happen.  But if it does, Rodallega has 6 goals for Trabzonspor and 4 for Akhisar Belediye last season.  He only joined Trabzon in January.  He got the other 19 the previous season for Akhisar.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dr X confirmed on twitter that we rejected an offer of £1.5m. I'm glad, I think he'd be another player that would go on to look more valuable than that at another club.

...He could easily look like a £1.6m or £1.65m player given game time :ph34r:

He did score a free kick once, back in 2002 I think. That's got to be worth a few mil, considering the current market where you've got mediocre players like Neymar going for £200m. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Points deduction for FFP?...who? when?

The option was only made available to the EFL last year FFS!

Clubs have been penalised for going into administration....are you getting confused?

Perhaps not specifically for FFP but for non-footballing and financial related matters, yes.

I would definitely have taken £1.5m for Bacuna.  He might (validly) seem more valuable given fees elsewhere in the market, but if no-one's willing to come up with £2m / £3m, that's no good to us at all.  

For the benefit of £1.5m in and wages saved for the remainder of his contract (and no real negative impact on our squad), I would have happily taken it.

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Did he score that unfeasibly cheeky volley goal at VP for Wigan against us one year? When they were playing in a kind of grey and yellow kit of some sort?

It was the first game of the season or at least first home game if I'm not mistaken?

We lost 2-0, to Wigan, at home. 

Just goes to show that us being utter shit really isn't that new a thing.

• Like 1