Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Possibly, as it was implied Steve Round had a lot of involvement with transfers when he was appointed in September last year.  But surely RDM if he did not want the player he would ahve said. Also the Tishbola link with Clarke suggests to me RDm had a major part in who we brought in. 

But fundamentally Di Matteo could not get the bets out of the players he signed. That for me is what makes him a major failure an done of our worst. lambert was shit but he at least managed to get the best out of his own signing Benteke. RDM failed miserably with McCormack and Tishbola 

Failed miserably is extremely harsh. 

He introduced nearly a new starting 11 and got 12 games before being sacked.  That isnt enough time for that many new players to gel as the Brice supporters will tell you (apparently 36 games isnt enough for Bruce to gel a team.)

Under RDM although results were poor we had the highest shots per game and highest shots on target per game in the division.  That out front line had not yet hit form is unfortunate but we were creating a huge number of chances but were not taking them.

Bruce undid all that to make us better defensively (though his record of goals conceded per game is almost identical to RDMs - so that he improved our defense is a myth).

What Bruce has done is make us mentally tougher, but i'd argue that this may have happened under RDM had he been given as much of the benefit of the doubt Bruce has gotten and would have meant a better ( and by that i mean more attacking) brand of football. 

Not saying we'd have finished any higher, but i honestly dont believe wed have been worse off.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tismyk said:

Bookies make Aston Villa new favourites for West Ham's Robert Snodgrass, leapfrogging Sheffield Wednesday,

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/03/bookies-make-aston-villa-new-favourites-for-west-hams-robert-sno/

Always liked Snodgrass,

Snodgrass is a spent force. Lost the pace he had and looks to have lost his desire.  Not for me thanks

12 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

You need to calm down....points deductions etc...will never happen! Can you imagine the legal wrangling through the courts!

The big clubs get around FFP easily enough, it really isn't worth jack shit in reality. If Xia is as minted as (only) Villa fans seem to think, then why isn't RECON Group the clubs main sponsor? Why isn't it (or any of his other massively unknown entities) on the front of our shirts and paying a ridiculous amount of money to do so? 

Why hasn't he sponsored the stadium to generate funds?

12 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Points deduction for FFP?...who? when?

The option was only made available to the EFL last year FFS!

Clubs have been penalised for going into administration....are you getting confused?

to be fair the only person imho on this thread that may "need to calm down" and seems to me to be "getting confused" is you to be fair. Someone pointing out that plenty of clubs have suffered points deductions for breaches of financial rules in recent years has a valid point. If you can't see the relevence fair enough but berating others for your own short coming seems a strange way of handling your confusion over that. No one but you seems to have narrowed the debate to one being solely about points deductions for breaches of FFP and as you rightly point out it would be a little ludicrous if anyone did that thing that you did there. However there are UEFA sanctions for not paying wages, or taxes etc. These laws are actually from their FFP regulations. 

I personally would be amazed if, faced with the hypothetical scenario of being able to stick the boot into us and make a high profile example of us for breaching the rules, that the authorities wouldn't jump at the chance. For sure we could appeal, but we could also lose that eh? The Football League would want to flex it's new muscle so to speak.

I'm no FFP expert but as far as I believe he can't pump artificially high sonsorship revenue without breaching at least the UEFA fair value FFP clause. And their sanctions do not stop at barring us from European competition in the future.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Can see a W and a H at the bottom...

Yeah, look like Welcome Hu is all you can see. There is a pic without the 'Write comment' box blocking it. 

Edit - here's clearer picture...

Could well be Hugo Rodellaga? Looking at the visible letters. Although could all be fake!

Edited by villan-scott

Anybody actually kept tabs on Rodallega since he left the prem? If I was quizzed on it I'd probably guess he was about 60yrs old and a pundit in South America somewhere.

Seems a lifetime since he was about.

haha see his wiki has already changed!

Edited by villan_007

40 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Anybody actually kept tabs on Rodallega since he left the prem? If I was quizzed on it I'd probably guess he was about 60yrs old and a pundit in South America somewhere.

Seems a lifetime since he was about.

haha see his wiki has already changed!

His record in England was poor from what I remember as well

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Interesting insight if true. Dr Tony inboxed this person telling them to tweet the pic according to this picture. Or again, could be a very elaborate wum!

Either way I love it. Makes transfer windows all the more entertaining.