Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think that massively overstates the ability of our players currently, let alone hypothetically playing in the Premier League next season.

Similarly to how we felt in the last season in the Premier League with all the signings.

"More than good enough to stay up"

:trollface:

11 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Hi all

Might be slightly off topic...but relevant to next Summer!....

Interesting to read yesterday that Newcastle (well Rafa) was saying how difficilt it is to sign players now they are in the premier league due to the huge and crazy transfer fees.

Of course the mighty Villa will be promoted at the end of this upcoming season, but does this mean that we could be in the same position needing to recruit more players for life in the premier league?

Regards to all

Del

For me personally it's why I'd rather we'd signed more of the likes of bree and hopefully over the next year green, RHM and Davis have to play, we should have signed more prospects who play plenty of games and develop in time for the club to play in the prem

ill use that neves kid at Wolves as an example, probably not good enough right at 20 now to play 38 games in the Prem at a decent level every week but in 2 years time if wolves got promoted at 22 I think he's got potential to star every week in 38 games in the Prem 

cut our losses with tish and Gardner, I don't think for a minute chalobah is the answer but go find another player of his ilk and age and develop him ready for promotion

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Its interesting this system thing and I am not saying you don't need one, but

does it stop a player from :

• trapping the ball
  • Getting a tackle in
  • closing down
  • getting close to an opponent
  • passing the ball
  • consistently getting beat in one on ones
  • letting an opponent go by you
  • not reading the game

I understand that any team has to have organisation and method and it does have a knock on effect to the player......but I have seen players with some of the above and do have to wonder how much the system plays a part.

I remember Bill Shankly being asked " Bill,what do you look for in a player".....he relied " Ah Laddie if he cannot pass the ball he is no good to me"

bit simplistic yes.....but the guys do have to be able to cope with the basics......and sometimes last season i was struggling to see it......maybe more time together will help?

If players don't need a system to be able to do the basics on your list, why do they need time? If anything the argument should be they need time to learn a system. Or is it the manager that needs the time?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sooooo..  Are we going to get in some more players? Not even any solid links beyond Sam. 

I don't expect anyone other than SJ to come through the door until more players have been shifted. The squad is already bloated as hell, we must have about 30 "firsf team" players. We need to concentrate on getting the abundance of talent playing and shifting some of the garbage ( which seems more and more unlikely each week)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, guyavfc said:

I see Dan Crowley is signing for a poor Dutch team on a permanent basis. What an idiot, he'd probably be around our first team now if he'd stayed.

That would surely be an indication of shite we would be?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'll use that neves kid at Wolves as an example, probably not good enough right at 20 now to play 38 games in the Prem at a decent level every week but in 2 years time potential to star every week in Prem 

cut our losses with tish 

Seems slightly ironic.

I'm not saying Tish > Neves - but if you're going to argue for signing people like Neves and cut our losses with Tish then we'll be going round in circles.

3 hours ago, guyavfc said:

I see Dan Crowley is signing for a poor Dutch team on a permanent basis. What an idiot, he'd probably be around our first team now if he'd stayed.

Major attitude problem. He was universally..... (have to be careful what I say here but you can work it out)  at my previous place of work (OUFC) couldn't wait to ship him back! 

Talented for sure but never gunna make it until his attitude changes. 

Edited by thabucks

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Major attitude problem. He was universally..... (have to be careful what I say here but you can work it out)  at my previous place of work (OUFC) couldn't wait to ship him back! 

Talented for sure but never gunna make it until his attitude changes. 

Previous I thought you was still there!  Need to pay attention more

4 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Ah yes, Harold Jumpshipman. Couldn't care less about him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Ah yes, Harold Jumpshipman. Couldn't care less about him. 

It's a pity he's going in that direction.  Otherwise we could also have had Fred HeadingWest.

• Like 2