Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Just now, beachboys1 said:

hi new here  first post   not expecting many more  just need more attacking  tacticks  like to see a winger but but happy with terry and give johnston a chance

Positive first post and welcome to the site - exciting season ahead  hopefully :)

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I remember being excited to be link with Patrick Kluivert one summer, now we are linked with Whelan...... what a mighty fall from grace we have had. 

Yes, and then we sold Yorke :(

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that is right. God I love Fawlty Towers, that's a great episode too.

Que?

• Like 1

Just wanted to talk about this "too many old players" thing. 

We have 6 players 30 and over. Hutton, Agbonlahor, Bunn, Jedinak, Terry and McCormack. The first 3 are out of contract in 12 months and I'd say won't be offered new deals. The other 3 could play big roles in our promotion push this season and are fantastic players for the championship. 

We still don't know who is coming in yet, but if it's a player that is over 30 and wouldn't drop to the championship if he was in his prime ala Terry, I would definitely be happy with signing them. Any older player that will instantly improve the starting line up and offer the squad some experience is a good signing in my eyes.

The only issue I have, is signing squad players like I imagine Elmo to be. We don't need an experienced, well-traveled bench. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

We continue to be interested in players who are 30+ years of age. Some youth would be nice.

We've just signed another youngster. Then there's the likes of Johnstone, Bree, Hogan, Green, Grealish, Davis, Hepburn-murphy, that one we signed from Bury in January. 

Villa don't have a really old team, there's this myth that we're some grandad club and it's rubbish. There were times last season when the experience of the likes of Whelan and Elmohamady would have helped us hold on to 3 points in games rather than chuck them away. 

A few older players arriving for a season or 2 isn't a negative. 

But yeah, Brentford signing some promising youngster from League 2 means they'll finish higher than us. Science. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

hi new here  first post   not expecting many more  just need more attacking  tacticks  like to see a winger but but happy with terry and give johnston a chance

Bruce out!

How can we expect to get promoted with a 65 year old defender.

I like Gabby/I don't like Gabby!

(That's about everything wrapped up, I'd let that sink in and turn around while you still can) ;)

48 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Bruce out!

How can we expect to get promoted with a 65 year old defender.

I like Gabby/I don't like Gabby!

(That's about everything wrapped up, I'd let that sink in and turn around while you still can) ;)

Throw the 'it's happening' gif in there and you've got yourself a party.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Just wanted to talk about this "too many old players" thing. 

We have 6 players 30 and over. Hutton, Agbonlahor, Bunn, Jedinak, Terry and McCormack. The first 3 are out of contract in 12 months and I'd say won't be offered new deals. The other 3 could play big roles in our promotion push this season and are fantastic players for the championship. 

We still don't know who is coming in yet, but if it's a player that is over 30 and wouldn't drop to the championship if he was in his prime ala Terry, I would definitely be happy with signing them. Any older player that will instantly improve the starting line up and offer the squad some experience is a good signing in my eyes.

The only issue I have, is signing squad players like I imagine Elmo to be. We don't need an experienced, well-traveled bench. 

Don't let facts get in the way of.... you know the rest ;)

Bloody tired of all these pensioners, laughing stock of the football universe we are!

Do we even have a reserve or youth team ffs?

:trollface: