Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I think I'm halfway between looking at the short term to get us promoted and looking to build a team for the PL. I would be happy to sign 1 player that is of the ilk of Chester and Taylor in this window and Jan, along with a few experienced players to get us promoted.

I think we already have Chester, Taylor, De laet and Kodjia that are PL quality and with another season under his belt possibly green. Add 2 players (1 this window, 1 in Jan) then that is potentially 7 PL quality players at our disposal. When we go up we then look to sign around 4-5 real quality players that would give us a good chance going forward.

Obviously there are a few unknowns in our squad as well that we won't know if they can perform in the PL until we get there, the likes of Hourihane, Lansbury etc hopefully they come good and prove that they are good enough for the PL.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't encourage them! More than a few soothsayers sharpening their 'told you sos' and drooling at the prospect of the first world ending mistake.

Yes but at least we'd all be arguing over something real !! 

Its pretty tough going effectively arguing over nothing from May to the start of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

Yes but at least we'd all be arguing over something real !! 

Its pretty tough going effectively arguing over nothing from May to the start of the season.

Oh I don't know. Some people practice in front of the mirror and on their nearest and dearest before coming on here, I reckon.

• Like 1

I think we actually have a squad full of players who have 5+ years left in them. Terry is the exception, not the rule. If we have to splash out and replace a few older heads who got us promoted, I don't see a problem. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Having no plan and having an unsettled squad/management is part of the reason we're in this mess already.  We don't need to bring in a bunch of older players only to need to replace them and start again next season - which would be the situation we'd be in, promotion or otherwise.

(Which is why your analogy is "terrible"* and doesn't work).

* - Accept terrible is harsh, sorry.  I've used it now though... :P 

That was harsh.....the sheer nostalgia ,I was reminiscing merrily.

Edited by TRO

45 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Oh I don't know. Some people practice in front of the mirror and on their nearest and dearest before coming on here, I reckon.

Oh no, opinions that don't match yours. Terrible. If you want to surround yourself in positivity where the good guys always win, Disney movies are lovely. 

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I remember being excited to be link with Patrick Kluivert one summer, now we are linked with Whelan...... what a mighty fall from grace we have had. 

John Terry signed, linked to Joe Hart at one point also.

36 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I remember being excited to be link with Patrick Kluivert one summer, now we are linked with Whelan...... what a mighty fall from grace we have had. 

Yes, we noticed. :(

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

When people moan about reading 'the same stuff' over and again I'm reminded of Fawlty Towers.."What's that ?"......."That is Torquay madam"....."Well it's not good enough"......."May I ask what you were expecting to see from a Torquay Hotel bedroom window ? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon ? Herds of Wildebeast sweeping majestically over the plains ?"

( I think that's right)

Why on earth would anyone NOT expect to read similar views being expressed repeatedly on a fans Forum ?

Kipper and the Corpse?